𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄

It'd been the first sleepless night for you in over a year.

A year since you'd last seen Koushi.

He'd become a distant memory, though you still felt so close to him. You longed to touch his pale skin and tousle his soft hair - just once more. He felt like a figment of your imagination, yet he was so real. Was fiction and reality blurring together?

You slid on the same (f/c) hoodie you wore so long ago and sat in the clearing, which was now filled with overgrown grass. You ran your hands across the long blades, each individual sliding between your fingers. You felt yourself lean back - nostalgia running through you. A chill ran up your back as you reminisced about what happened just a year ago.

You finally looked to the sky and saw something you hadn't seen for the past rotation. Your eyes widened - a beating star. You'd stopped seeing them after Koushi disappeared, but it was back. You closed your eyes, reopening them a few seconds later to the boy that left you.

"K-Koushi?" You rubbed your eyes - he must be an illusion. After blinking rapidly a few more times, he was still there, face over yours.

A sigh fell from his lips, encasing your warm cheek with his cooler palm. "You weren't supposed to let this happen again, Y/N." Your name rolled off the tip of his tongue perfectly. His thumb skimmed the skin on your cheekbone, his brown eyes looking directly into yours. "You remember last year."

A tear cascaded down your face, stopping where his palm laid. "I've missed you Koushi."

He shook his head while breathing deeply. "Please don't do this, Y/N. Didn't you learn from the last time?"

A smile graced your lips as you thought back to the first time you saw him. "No, I guess not."

"I want this to be the last time I see you for awhile. Okay?" His eyes became watery - him presumably remembering the events that took place. "Come see me when it's your time."

You placed your hand on top of his and nodded, biting your lip to stop sobs from coming out of your throat. "Okay." Your voice sounded like a whisper as the wind nipped at your hands.

You finally spoke the words you'd been longing to say. "I love you, Koushi."

"I love you too," he chuckled with a grin on his features, "now, sleep."