𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓

"Are you all right?" A voice snapped you out of your daydream. "You've been staring out the window for ten minutes now." Your teacher placed a hand on your shoulder as he looked at you, then glanced to your empty worksheet. "This isn't like you, Miss L/N."

Your eyes drooped and you forced a smile onto your face. "Sorry, sir. I'm fine, thank you. I'll get to work." You mumbled to the concerned teacher, grasping the pen that laid on your desk. You held the pen above the blank line, but you couldn't write. Your mind and body wouldn't allow you to. You carefully set the pen back down, sighing deeply. It was only a matter of time before the bell rang anyway - you'd just do it at home.

"Miss L/N, please stay after today." Your teacher spoke as the bell rung, each student packing their things. You nodded and slid the barren paper in your bag. "Is there something wrong? You didn't seem as attentive today."

You shook your head once more. "No, sir. I'm sorry - I-I was just distracted."

He sent you a smile. "Just don't let it happen again. You're one of my best students - I don't want your marks slipping."

"Yes, Sensei. I'll pay attention more. Thank you for the concern."

You slipped your bag strap over your shoulder and exited the room. You couldn't get his face out of your head; it replayed like a scene from a movie. The way the moon reflected on his face made him look ethereal.

You weren't sure if he was a figment of your imagination or if he was real - either way, you wanted to see him again.

As soon as the shadow of the day threatened the sun, you walked to your spot. The patch of grass amidst the tall trees; the place with the best view of the sky. Right before your eyes the cool hues took over again, revealing the stars that never left. Grey clouds moved across the sky passing in front of the littered celestial objects - one catching your eye, just like the night before.

Thump.

The star pounded in the sky, flashing its bright light.

Thump.

With each beat you became more enticed, focusing only on the peculiar star. You felt something touch your fingertips again - someone.

Your daze was interrupted as you turned, seeing the same boy as last night. His hair reminded you of the moon, its cool grey color becoming prominent under the moons light. His brown eyes stared toward the sky just as allured as you were moments ago. You'd never seen anything quite as beautiful as him.

"Take a picture - it'll last longer." His eyes met yours as a blush flooded over your face. "You're here every night. Are you all right?"

The moon shone on your face as well, eye bags visible. You smiled at the boy. "I'll be okay." You replied as your eyes scanned each feature on his face, landing on a star-shaped birthmark. "Who are you?"

His laugh filled air and brightened the atmosphere. "Koushi Sugawara." His eyes closed as he smiled toward you. He was a sight you never wanted to forget. "You?"

"Y/N L/N." You softly spoke, shooting him your own smile.

"Well, Y/N. Great to meet you." You loved the way your name rolled off his tongue. You were the first to move your gaze back to the sky.

"You as well, Koushi."

His hand inched closer to yours and encased it, warmth filling your body. He gave your hand a squeeze which you returned, smiles growing on both of your faces.

Almost as quickly as it came the night faded. With the return of the sun over the horizon, your hand felt cold once more.