A New Base, Peter's Terrible Plan, and An Old Secret

"Wow," I breathed. We had been led to a giant field, at the end was a building, carved into stone. As we approached the entrance we stopped walking. Centaurs lined up on both sides of the walk way and drew their swords, holding them up to create a distinct path. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy started walking, but I stayed frozen. Some part of me was uncomfortable with the amount of attention I was getting.

"Hey, are you ok? Er- General?"
I looked up and saw Caspian, looking at me. He hadn't walked forward either. I forced a smirk.

"Yes, thank you."

I started walking behind the Pevensies, wondering how they managed to deal with all of the attention. The Narnians expected us to be seasoned warriors, amazing rulers, but to be honest, I had just felt like a scared teenager.

We entered into the structure and I immediately saw Narnians making weapons, the clang of metal somewhat comforted me.

"It may not be what you are used to, but it is defensible," Caspian commented. I nodded.

"I like defensible."

"Peter, Logan. You may want to see this," Susan said. I followed Peter and Susan led us down a cave, the light of torches casting yellow light onto the walls, which revealed murals. Of us. I winced, seeing a picture of me stabbing a minotaur.

"It's us," Susan pointed out.

"What is this place?" Lucy asked Caspian.

"You don't know?"

We stared blankly at him. He grabbed a torch and led us even further down the cave. The narrow cave eventually opened up into a room and Caspian lit a fire pit. I watched the fire spread, my heart aching when I saw the magnificent lion I loved so much, depicted into stone. I placed my hand on Edmund's shoulder, needing support. In the center of the room, stood a cracked stone table. Lucy stepped forward, touching it.

"He must know what he's doing," she said, turning toward us.

"I think it's up to us now," Peter said strongly.

Reports of a Telmarine soldier had reached us, and now a, a small group was gathered near the stone table.

"It's only a matter of time," Peter spoke.

"Miraz's men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle."

"What do you suppose we do, your majesty?" The same mouse from before whose name turned out to be Reepicheep asked. Caspian and Peter started to talk at the same time. Caspian nodded, letting Peter speak first.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us," Peter suggested.

"Well that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle," Caspian interjected.

"There's always a first time," Peter retaliated.

"You know what I have to say to that?" I asked.

"Bullshit. I actually agree with the Prince on this one Peter,"

I gestured to Caspian.

"I don't think we should risk all of our lives on a hope for victory."

"But we'll have the element of surprise," D.L.F. reminded.

"But we have the advantage here," Caspian argued. I nodded.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely," I said.

"I, for one, feel safer underground," The badger from before, Trufflehunter, spoke.

"Better than in the air," I muttered to myself. I still held my hate against heights.