A Little Help From a Prince I'm Starting to Like Too Much and a Deathmatch

I had alerted Edmund about the incoming army and soon we were all gathered, just in time to see the Telmarine army start to break through the woods. I exchanged worried looks with Peter.

"Holy Aslan," I breathed. The amount of men and catapults emerging from the woods didn't seem to end. Peter grabbed my hand, squeezing it. I didn't pull away.

"Cakes and kettledrums, that's your next big plan?" Trumpkin demanded later in a meeting room.

"Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"

"It's our only chance," Peter argued.

"And she won't be alone," I interjected.

"Haven't enough of us died already?" Trumpkin asked, his voice laced with sadness.

"Nikabrik was my friend too," Trufflehunter the badger spoke

"But he lost hope."

I clutched my necklace instinctively.

"Queen Lucy hasn't," the badger continued.

"And neither have I."

Reepicheep drew his sword.

"For Aslan."

"For Aslan!" A bear grunted. Peter nodded to Trumpkin.

"Then I'm going with you," Trumpkin told Lucy.

"No, we need you here," She said, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"We have to hold them back until Logan and Lucy get back." Peter said.

"If I may," Caspian interjected. He looked at his professor who nodded.

"Miraz may be a tyrant and murderer, "
Caspian stepped forward.

"But as king, he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. There is...one in particular that may buy us some time."

While Edmund went to negotiate with Miraz, Lucy and I were getting ready to leave for the forest. We sat upon a horse while Caspian got us situated. His face was creased with worry, a few strands of his dark locks shadowing his eyes.

"Destrier has always served me well," he spoke.

"You are in good hands."
"Or hooves," Lucy joked. I elbowed her gently. Caspian looked up at me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, his expression unidentifiable.

"Good luck."
"Thanks," I murmured,  squeezing his hand. 

"Look," he said, pulling out Susan's horn. My eyes widened as he offered it to me.

"You should take this, just in case you need help."

I shook my head.

"Why don't you hold on to it? You might need to call me again," I smirked. Caspian smiled. I shook the reins and Destrier started galloping down the tunnel.

"You might need to call me again?" Lucy questioned.

"Oh, shut up, what's that supposed to mean?" I grumbled, blushing despite myself.

The tunnel opened up into the woods and Lucy and I went galloping as fast as we could. But, I heard a horse whinnie. I looked up and saw Telmarine soldiers chasing us.

"They've seen us!" Lucy exclaimed. We approached a more open area and I slowed the horse down to a trot. I climbed off of the horse, handing the reins to Lucy.

"Take the reins," I ordered.

"What are you doing?" Lucy asked. I sighed.

"I'm really sorry Lu, but it looks as if you'll be going alone after all. If Trumpkin finds out, he'll never let me hear the end of it."