3.

The next day before work, Spencer met me at my car again but this time he was carrying two recyclable coffee cups.

"Good morning," he greeted with a smile while handing me one of the cups.

I smiled gratefully at him and took a sip.

My favorite drink.

I looked up at him, "You remembered my coffee order?"

"Actually, I have an eidetic memory so I subconsciously remembered," he explained.

I smiled at him again, "Well I appreciate the gesture, you made my morning."

He smiled back, taking a sip of his own coffee.

Later that morning, my phone pinged with a text notification.

Spencer: We got called out for a case in California, but it should only be a few days. I'll keep you updated when I know more.

Truthfully I was a little bummed that I wouldn't be able to see him for a few days, but I knew what he was doing was much more important.

Me: Good luck on the case! Kick the bad guy's butt!

I could imagine him now, laughing at my over-enthusiasm.

Spencer: Thanks, hopefully we get back before Saturday. I'm really looking forward to our date and I'd hate to have to reschedule because of work.

I smiled goofily down at my phone, I'm so glad that he's as excited about going out as I am.

Me: Let me know if the plan changes, but as of now I'm still very much looking forward to Saturday

The next text came a second later.

Spencer: Me too

One of my favorite work friends, Jess, walked by my office (one of the perks of the new position) and saw the goofy smile on my face. She stopped quickly, stepped in to my office, and closed the door, "You've been awfully smiley these last few days, spill."

I quickly retold the events of the past week and a half or so and by the end I was grinning like a mad-woman.

"A dinner date? With Spencer? Wow, this is huge! You've been secretly lusting after him for how long now?" She joked.

I blushed and muttered, "I wasn't lusting after him."

She rolled her eyes, "Sure," she sounded anything but convinced.

We both knew she was right, but I'd never admit that to her.

"Anyway," she continued, "where's he taking you this weekend?"

"If they finish the case before Saturday, we're planning to go out to dinner," I explained.

"And what about after dinner?" She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I scoffed, "You're insufferable! It's just a first date, can we get through it before you start making dirty jokes?"

Jess laughed at my response, "Calm down, I know about your 'no sex on the first date' rule."

"You say that like it's a bad thing. I just like to wait until I'm sure they want the same thing that I do, you know I've never been good at casual dating or hookups," I explained defensively.