𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒈𝒖𝒆

"Just close the fucking door!" Zdeňka yelled at Joshua, whilst Josh was trying to block the main door to the cleaner equipment room. He was leaning against it with his entire weight, pushing it by his shoulder. The sweat of nervousness and anxiety dripping from his nose.

"I'm closing it! It just won't hold!" He vehemently called back at her, "Maybe if you'd help me- shit!" Something would kick or hit the door from the other side, making Josh to be shoved and hit by the door into his back. But he persisted in blocking the door.

Zdeňka swiftly leaped to Josh's baseball bat lying on the ground. She grabbed it and took a stand with the raised bat, ready to strike against anything or anybody.

Heather was curled up in the corner of the room leaning on the cleaning trolley beside her. She was repeating to herself under her breath the same sentences all over again. "Oh my God, oh my God. We're gonna die. We are going to die."

"Come and get us, motherfucker!" Zdeňka yelled at the door determined to hit whatever it was behind the door.

BANG!

Out of all a sudden, a bullet flew across the room, making one hole in the door, right under Josh's arm, and the second hole in the wall behind them, not hitting any of the teenagers. Heather let out a truly frightened cry and curled up into the ball even more.

"The fuck was that!?" Josh looked down at his body, checking if he wasn't hit. He was sure he wouldn't even realize it or even feel how paralyzed he was in the moment.

"Are you alright?" Zdeňka looked at Josh with almost a concerned frown, surely nothing he has ever experienced to see Zdeňka at least a bit care about him.

"Never been better," he sarcastically almost shouted back at her as he endured another bash into the door.

After a small while, Josh eventually had to slacken off thus his strength didn't allow him to continue holding the door. It was just too much. The door kicked wide open and Zdeňka hauled off at the thing that would step into the room in a moment.