𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ~ 𝒘𝒆 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒔

---

"So that other guy will sneak into the AV classroom and bring us those walkie-talkies, meanwhile we will take a look after something worth attention. Something that could be handy anyway," Quentin was just summarizing the plan whilst Iké left the library to get into the AV room.

"We could take a look into Sylvester's office, he could have something there. Like the capsule gun or something," Zdeňka shrugged.

"Why would we use a capsule gun?" Quentin frowned.

"I don't know, to maybe intimidate the attackers?" Zdeňka answered and shrugged again to indicate it's just an idea.

"Not sure if they'd be able to be intimidated by a group of children," Quentin opposed.

"Well, that's your opinion," Josh interjected leaning his hand against the table.

Zdeňka sighed. "Still better than to have nothing."

Heather joined the discussion as well. "I agree with what..." She would raise her hand towards Zdeňka and nod.

Zdeňka understood what Heather was hinting with her gestures and told her her name: "Zdeňka."

Heather widened her eyes. She has never heard a name like that. "What?"

"Zdeňka, it's like Sydney but in Czech," Zdeňka explained.

"So I can call you Sydney?" Heather asked and Quentin made a sound of exasperation. Are we really proceeding to have a debate about our names right now?

Zdeňka shook her head 'no'. "No, don't call me Sydney. My name's Zdeňka. Zdeňka Alice Ledecká, if you want the full name."

Heather frowned and asked again: "What? Where are you from?"

Zdeňka looked at Quentin and noticed how annoyed by this conversation he was. Well, he obviously wasn't exactly amused and thus she said: "My parents are from Czechoslovakia but now's not the time."

"I'm Heather Drew, by the way. And you are?" Heather glanced at Quentin.

Quentin exhaled. "Great. Name's Quentin. Quentin Samuels."

Hairspray put his hands on his hips. "I'm Joshua Robbinson," Josh triumphally stated, smiling.

"Yeah, we know," Zdeňka nodded with a straight face.

---

Iké trod very lightly. Every step of his was properly thought over and carefully done with great caution. Just as he was about to pass the office of Mr. Charles Debenham, he noticed his door was widely open. 

Oh shit.

That could mean big trouble. However, the lives of his classmates and himself could depend on him right now. Nobody cares about some Mr. Debenham.

He approached Mr. Debenham's door and placed a hand on it. He frowned and lightly pressed into the door, hoping it wouldn't make a sound. It was exactly as if it's midnight and you need to go to the bathroom but your parents are in the living room, not sleeping and you just pray so they won't hear you coming. Please, don't creak. Please don't creak.

The door started to slowly close upon Iké's press. And it seemed like the hinges were freshly oiled. There were no worries then. At the expense of that, Iké pushed more and then it came. Out of a sudden, the door made a very unpleasant sound.

Iké froze at his spot and pricked up his ears to hear even the most silent noise Mr. Debenham behind the door will do. However, it seemed like it wouldn't even catch Mr. Debenham's attention. Everything remained perfectly silent.

Meanwhile, Mr. Debenham behind the door looked up from the tests he was marking as he heard the squeaking noise of the door.

Probably a draft or something.

He got back to marking the tests and just ignored everything that just happened.

Iké silently exhaled and pushed the door again. Slowly and carefully. And then it came again. The ugly squeaking noise.