𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆 ~ 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏 𝒃𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒔

"Look, guys, this is complete madness," Quentin started, "we don't even know how, where, or why. All the other cases were only in Georgia and I don't think they would-"

"Exactly. In Georgia," Zdeňka said. "And where is Georgia? Huh? Right next to Tennessee. And guess what? They closed all schools in Georgia because of this. Wouldn't it be a coincidence if they somehow showed up here?"

Heather approached Quentin with Josh and sat on the desk. "And to it all, Irvington is actually not quite far from the borders."

"Exactly," Zdeňka confirmed Heather's statement.

Quentin stayed quiet for a quick period of time. Then he said: "But this is like- this is like from some fucking movie. It sounds absolutely surreal."

Josh nodded. "I know, right? And I still have no idea what are you guys talking about." He leaned to his school bag and pulled out a bottle of water. He opened it and started to drink.

Zdeňka came back from the window and stood right next to Quentin, Josh, and Heather. "Let's entertain the possibility there is a murderous cult in this school right now as we speak and that they have guns and shit."

Josh choked on water and slightly spluttered out. "Excuse me?"

"See? Sounds surreal," Quentin scoffed.

"It does, but when we're dead, it'll be too late to rethink the surreality of this situation," Iké got back to the desk and sat down next to Heather.

"Do you have the number?" Zdeňka asked Iké and he showed her the paper with the registration plate. "Good," she nodded.

Josh, still recovering from the sudden shock and visibly confused started to query. "Wait, wait, once again, please. What exactly are we dealing with right now?"

"We have a suspicion that there is a murderous cult inside of this school right now," Heather uttered.

Josh's face didn't change. And now to it all, he was even scared. "What? Why are y'all so calm then?"

"Because it's bullshit," Quentin replied.

"No, it's not," Iké frowned at Quentin.

"Well then," Josh's expression twisted into another humorless smile. These dipshits are bullshitting me. He did an intentionally very unconvincing fake laugh. "Ahahahahaha, very funny. So funny I even forgot to laugh."

The group would go silent. Each one of the kids looked down or around the room. They were too afraid to look at each other. However, this made Joshua a bit uneasy. Why aren't they laughing? I thought they were joking.

Quentin looked at the broken clock on the wall. This is surreal. This isn't happening. They're crazy.

Iké stared through the window. What else would be a group of ten men doing in the middle of the evening in Irvington High School? Too many coincidences. It is unbelievable.

Heather was looking at her shoes. Where is Mr. Debenham? Should we go for him and tell him what do we think is happening?

And Zdeňka had her sights fixed on her dark blue varnished nails. We should run. Go somewhere and barricade the door. Find ourselves something to be able to strike with. Baseball bats or something like that. Just in case.

"We should take a look then," Quentin suddenly said.

"What?" Josh asked.

"Look at what?" Heather filled Joshua's question.

"We should like split up and take a look around the school to ensure ourselves," Quentin specified his suggestion.

"And to confirm our speculations," Iké added.

"And to confirm your speculations," Quentin repeated after Iké, nodding.

"And to die as soon as possible," Zdeňka added.

Quentin let out a long sigh as he crossed his arms on his chest. "Do you have a better idea?"

"No, I'm just simply saying if our speculations are true and we really will run into one of those cult members," Zdeňka was saying all this with amazing calmness and absolutely indifferent facial expression, "we will die."

Iké frowned. "They weren't entering. They were just doing something with the lock and then gave up and went around the school I suppose."

Joshua went over the wall and switched off the lights in the whole library.

Zdeňka looked at him, quite impressed because she wasn't expecting such a good idea from somebody like Hairspray. That's actually a smart move.

"What are you doing?" Heather Drew asked.

"Switching off the lights so the guys or whatever that is won't find us at the first try," Quentin said.

"Guys, do we realize that we are literally talking about some kind of murderous cult as you say here around this school at this very moment and we're just standing here like idiots, waiting until they find us?" Josh suddenly joined the conversation with an actually good point.

"Hairspray made a point there. We should do something really quickly," Iké noted.

Josh frowned. "Hairspray!? My name is Joshua, you shithead."

"Sorry then."

"Let's split up," Heather nodded.

"That wouldn't be as easy," Zdeňka interjected. "We need something to defend with and to communicate with. We can't just wander around the school, hoping the ugly cannibal monsters won't kill us when they see us."

"Let's steal the walkie-talkies from the AV club classroom," Iké suggested.

"That could work," Heather admitted.

"Alright, communication would be solved by this but what about fighting? We need something," Zdeňka still insisted.

"You really think we could actually defend against something like that?" Quentin raised one eyebrow looking at Zdeňka.

Joshua picked up his bag, put it on the table, and opened it. The kids immediately turned themselves away in order to escape the unpleasant scent of Joshua's sweaty sportswear. Josh dug into the bag but as soon as he noticed the kids stepped back from him, he shot them one confused look followed by a quick shrug. "Just got from a training, okay?"

However, after a while, Joshua found what he was looking for. He pulled out of the bag his baseball bat and handed it to Heather.

Heather grabbed it and Josh quickly closed the bag, throwing it under the table. He took his bat again and showed them to others.

It has only one sign on it: J. Robbinson

Zdeňka smiled. "This is where the fun begins."