CHAPTER 1 MOVING IN

I thought this was going to be a crappy move. Then we pulled up to the new house on moving day. My new neighbor across the street was working on a 2005 Pontiac GTO.

"Dad, look at that awesome street racer."

"Yeah, that's cool, Zack." Dad remarked.

My dad's not into cars as much as I am. I have less than a year until I can get my driver's licence. It's all I can think about. I dream of being able to build my own car too. I just don't have enough money to get started.

His car wasn't anywhere near ready to race yet. It was still in pieces all over his garage. I wonder if he would talk shop with me?

I stared at the GTO every time I came to get another box. It was right there in front of me. Right across the street. I was getting tired of carrying boxes and looking at the GTO helped pass the time.

My room looks out over the street. I have a perfect view of his garage and that GTO. I'm supposed to be setting up my room. Instead I'm staring out the window.

Mom interrupts my day dreaming with a reminder to finish my room.

"Didn't I hear about plans for a car show? I would like you to get your room done before then." Mom chuckled.

"Mom, that's not for another week yet!"

"I know, I know, but with all this daydreaming..."

"Don't worry, Mom, I'll get it done."

"If you say so," she laughed on her way out.