CHAPTER 6 WONDERING... CAN I?

I was glued to the computer. I read and read. There are dozens and dozens of different racing types. Each racing type had different rules listed. There’s so much information on the internet it’s overwhelming. One article led to another and another. It’s just too much. I need a break.

I started reading again and that’s when I found it. NASCAR Lowers Driving Age from 16 to 15. “YES! YES! WAHOO!” I couldn’t help but shout outloud. My mom came in to see what I was so excited about. I told her about Don looking for a driver. So she helped me do some more research.

The allowable driving age depended on the group running the race. Don wanted to enter the IMSA Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge. IMSA stood for, The International Motor Sports Association. The IMSA didn’t have a minimum age requirement. I would need to go to performance driving school. I would need to pass a physical. You had to be in good enough shape to handle long races. Then, I would need to file for membership in the IMSA. The first race in the series would be at NJ Motorsports Park. Now, I just needed to figure out how to ask Don.

From Hero to RacerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara