CHAPTER 8 CAUGHT ON FILM

"Kim Sutherland here with channel 8 news. We are live on the seine with 15 year old, Zack Wilton. Whose daring rescue we accidentally caught on film, just moments ago. We were here doing a piece on a historical landmark. What a double whammy. Talk about us both being in the right place at the right time. How do you feel about being a hero, Zack?"

"Great I guess." I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't feel any different than I did earlier.

"You just risked your life to save five year old Ella. Did you think about it or was it just instinct?"

"I didn't really think about it. I just knew how much she meant to her parents."

"Well, a great job you did young man. For those of you just joining us..."

My parents were standing with us now. They couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. Don and Becky couldn't stop hugging Ella. After the camera crew was done, they all gave me big hugs.

"We can't thank you enough for what you did. Anything you want, just name it and it's yours." Don said.

I knew exactly what I wanted to ask for. "I would like to be your driver for the Continental Challenge."

"Well, we had better get that car done then. We need to get you to driving school.

(If you would like to see how the story ends, From Hero To Racer is now available on Amazon in both Kindle and Paperback versions. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/Hero-Racer-Matthias-Southwick/dp/1642611093 )