Tall Tales (Part 1)

Original Request, from AO3 user Ceruth:

(((Maybe Tommy and Tubbo trying to explain to some of the hermits the multiple wars that happened, and the hermits explaining the Season 6 war, and the Turf War happening in Season 7?)))

This chapter is Tommy's story, the next one is Grian's story.

Enjoy.

==============================

"My turn! Get ready for the best story yet!" Tommy announced grandly.

He was sitting on a log, beside a campfire, along with the rest of the SMP and all the Hermitcraft members. They met like this once a month, just to talk and have fun, and tonight, they were having a story contest.

Tubbo pouted, amusement glittering brightly in his eyes. "You mean my story about the bee wasn't the best?"

Behind him, Sapnap feigned falling asleep to George, who snickered, but stopped when Dream elbowed him in the ribs.

Techno was polishing his diamond blade quietly. He had just finished with his story: Part three, the finale of the Great Potato War. Tommy had to admit that he had set the bar pretty high for the rest of them, as it had been the perfect combination - a thrilling tale - of intelligence, self-awareness and fate. The fact that it had specifically been told in Techno's monotone but somehow dramatic voice only made it better.

Grian grinned. "When you finish, I have a good one."

Tommy smirked. "Well I'm first."

He leaned forwards, his eyes reflecting the flickering golden light of the flames.
"It all started when one boy joined a server. A server called the Dream SMP."

Tubbo raised his hand excitedly. "Oh! That's you!"

Tommy smirked. "Yeah. So, I built a little house and stuff. Then, I found the most valuable things I've ever laid eyes on."

Grian tilted his head. "Diamonds?"

"Excessive obsession with material wealth will never lead to true happiness." Techno remarked casually.

Grian looked a little taken aback. "Uh. Alright?"

Tommy chuckled. "No. I had diamonds. But I found music disks.
Mellohi, and Cat. They were my greatest joy, but would soon lead to my deepest sorrows."

"Why are you talking like Techno?" Tubbo interjected.

Tommy rolled his eyes. "I'm just being good at telling stories! I am not taking like Techno!"

Techno cleared his throat. "I mean... you kind of are." He paused, then added, "but it's just not the same. I do agree that I'm good at telling stories though."

Tommy ignored him. "I sought out an alliance with Sapnap, and fought bravely on his side against Ponk and Alyssa, who had teamed up on him. But little did we know, we would soon make a single kill that would put an end to our carefree days."