I have to do everything myself.

Four hung his head in his hands. He was in a maze without X. The people who left him were all traitors. They left him, just like that. With a wave of Two's egotistical hand they all pranced to his side, begging to serve and tend to his every need and will. He didn't NEED X. He didn't NEED anyone. It was just nice to have company. He never had many friends, he couldn't imagine why. It was peculiar. Maybe it was his murderous tendencies towards object kind, but why would that concern the other numbers? To them he was practically a god! Perhaps it was his volcanic temper. He did erupt at times, but he thought the reasons were good enough. Nobody tells him anything anyway. He can't put his finger on it, but for some reason when he tries to talk to people, they turn into wide-eyed statues, fear appearing to strike them to a standstill; that, or they slowly inch away.

At this point though, the objects that stuck around finally put two and two together and figured out what was bugging Four. Usually when he was in a bad mood he'd be snappy, but he pathetically slumped there against a pillar, his lip quivering like a caterpillar and his eyes demonstrating fairytale waterfalls. Even thinking about the word "Two" in his head made him want to writhe, toss, and turn.

Reluctantly, Taco and Firey tiptoed over to Four.
"Heyyy Four.." Taco greeted him. Four gave a weak glance back, then went back to his lifeless slump, his spine arched limply.
"Uh.. We noticed you seemed.. Off. What's wrong?" Firey reluctantly questioned. He took a step back, ready to lunge to the side if Four concluded that he'd kill the two of them. He was an unpredictable beast, and that's no metaphor or exaggeration.

Four fixed his shaking gaze on the two of them, his throat clawing at his words.
"It's X. They're gone." He muttered. He spat it out in a dying whisper, just loud enough for the pair to make out. Taco inhaled.
"You told X to leave, don't you remember?" Taco inquired. Firey bobbed his head in agreement.
"I didn't think he'd actually leave. You have to help me get him back." Scrunching his eyelids, tears squeezed out. Why was he so upset about this?
"Listen Four, we'd love to help but why would we want to bring X back? They chose to go after all." Taco explained sternly. Four's breath sharpened as he dashed between the contestants, pleading and begging them to assist him, to help him get his friend back. Their answers all hit Four like a brick wall. No. No. No. No. Not a single
"Yes Four, I'd love to help you as the best host in the universe!", just
"No.". He wanted to scream at them all, but he knew if he did that then he'd lose them too. Rather, he scooped some air into his lungs and stomped off, leaving the contestants standing there awkwardly (and frankly in shock that Four didn't murder someone for once).