The new host!

Two presented himself proudly above the contestants, eyes glimmering in the sun.
"Alright everyone, we've got a new co-host, I'm sure you're all familiar with! Now, they know their mistakes and they're willing to be a good co-host to help one of you lucky objects out there win..." Two braced themselves and bounded in the air, before posing with his and outstretched and two of his fingers flicking upwards.
"The Power Of Two!" A few people in the crowd cheered, while others muttered nervously. Unbeknownst to them, Four was harmless now! They were practically at the level of a contestant's power.
"Listen, I know you all know that Four was a bad host. Overreactive, unfair, temperamental, the list goes on! But I vow, I can change this troubled number to be the best co-host they can be! And they promise not to zap, kill or harm any of you. Isn't that right, Four?" Two peered at Four expectedly. Stalking eyes of contestants swarmed around them, awaiting the answer that could decide their fate. Four could argue that they weren't those things Two called them, but that wouldn't help the contestants trust them again. X was beaming, their two best friends were working together! Somewhat.
"Uh, Yeah. Yeah!" Four managed to pose proudly, besides his weary muscles.

The crowd's whispers ceased, as their minds were put in beds of ease. The Four they knew would kill Two straight on the spot for criticism like that, but Four didn't even protest, didn't even frown, just stood there proudly, agreeing with them! Two really was the best. They made the right choice staying with Two.

This all felt so unusual to Four, like they were in some sort of mediocre fan fiction. X beamed at Four, and gave a thumbs up. It was quite a surprise to them, to everyone, how fast Two befriended Four and didn't even hold a grudge for that animalistic attack.

"Now everyone, go relax, have fun! The next challenge will be soon, don't you worry! Bye bye now!" Two grabbed Four and X and carried them in their arms away from the contestants, before setting them down onto the charred magma floor that hadn't yet had its scars healed.
"There we go! That wasn't too hard, was it? You know, we could have settled for a casual conversation, but a life threatening ambush also worked I suppose. I'm surprised you didn't expect me to think you'd do that in all fairness!" Two chuckled. Was two hinting at calling Four dumb? They couldn't tell, and they were too tired to protest. They smiled instead.
"I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought." Four replied undoubtedly. X cheered, this was amazing! They did doubt Two's plan at first, and they didn't agree with hurting their friend (at all) yet, it seemed to have worked.

"So, you two. Any ideas for the next challenge? We've done a few so far, but it can be a challenge for someone even as awesome as me to think of them all myself!" Two put a hand on their hip, posing dramatically as if they were anticipating applause from the two other algebraliens. Four's face lit up in an instant.
"I know the perfect challenge! As any good host knows about their contestants, I know for a fact they know nothing about eachother! Make them have a game of two truths and one lie." Four seemed satisfied with the looks X and Two reflected back at them; looks of surprise yet interest.
"Yeah! Let's do that!" X exclaimed joyfully.
"You know, that's not a bad idea. Alright, I'll let the contestants know soon. Well done, Four. You seem to be shaping up well." Two nodded knowingly, as if they were some sort of worshipped god, blessing mortals with their knowledge.

The numbers contemplated and debated casual topics for a while, until the sun began to set. The breeze was cool, but it didn't bother any of them. It was relaxing, soothing even, especially when the energy of the day was on par with Four's energy levels. This was nice.