gone

Summary: ray and henry have a conversation after the blimp goes down.

"Guys, the blimp is going to crash straight into a hospital of babies!" Charlotte yelled over comms as the heroes stood there. "Well, those babies had a good run." Ray joked (hopefully). "Ray!" Henry groaned. "We have to stop it. Charlotte, how do we steer this thing?" Henry asked. "You can't. Drex destroyed the controls." Charlotte told them. "We can't just let babies die." Henry snapped as he looked down at the city below them. "We're not." Ray told him, grabbing a parachute. "Put this on." He told henry. "No. I won't leave you." Henry yelled. "You have to!" Ray yelled back. "I refuse to leave you,Ray! You're like my father. I can't lose you, not now." Henry's voice was defeated as he stared at his boss. "Kid, you're the son I've always wanted, the person who made me feel both older and younger, mature and childish. I need you to stay strong without me." Ray told the teen. What ray didn't realise was he was wearing a parachute so before Ray could tell henry to put the parachute on again, henry turned to ray. "I love you, buddy." And pulled the parachute, watching as ray let out a growl and flung to the ground. Henry knew what he had to do next, what he prepared for.

"Kid, you listen to me right now! Get off that blimp!" Ray snapped as he stared in the air. "I can't do that." Henry replied. "Henry, please." He heard charlotte which made his heart shatter. "I can't, char. I have to do this." He told the duo. "I need to tell you all some things. Go get jasper and my sister." He heard footsteps leave on the other end, he smiled as he knew charlotte followed his requests. "Henry no!" He heard jasper and piper yell as they arrived. "Please don't leave us!" Piper yelled, tears spilling on her cheeks. "Please Hen." Jasper added, his voice cracking. "Guys listen. I don't have much time." They stopped talking. "Jasper Dunlop, thank you. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you." He heard Jasper sniff and knew he was crying. He felt his own tears start making their way down his face but carried on. "Piper Hart, oh my god. You have been the best little sister anyone could ever ask for. Given most of the time we were arguing, deep down we knew we loved each other, worried for each other. I love you, pipes." Piper let out a sob. "Charlotte Bolton, i love you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I have loved you for so long, since i can remember. You are my best friend, the smartest girl I know. Please remember I love you." Charlotte was shocked. Henry loved her back? The thrill was short lived as she remembered he was going to die. "Ray Manchester. God I have so little time to say what I wanna say." Henry let out a sob. "Just thank you for everything. For hiring me. For being my best friend, a second father. Someone who protected me and loved me and worried about me. Thank you, Ray. Protect this city like I know you will." Henry finished and the others cried as they heard the blimp go down. "You'll be missed Hen." Ray muttered, eyes filled with tears. "Goodbye Henry Hart."

Ray went back to the site of the accident, trying to find Henry's body but it was nowhere to be found. "Ray?" He heard a familiar voice and he turned to see henry standing there, slightly confused. "Kid?" Ray's voice was small as he looked at his supposed dead sidekick standing perfectly healthy and well. "Oh my god." Ray muttered before he pulled henry into a bone crushing hug, tears well and truly pouring from his face. "I thought you were dead!" Ray sobbed as they held each other. Ray let go and bombarded henry with questions who interrupted. "Ray, i don't know how this is possible. I was on the blimp after saying my goodbyes when something tried to hit me and bounced back." Henry explained as best he could. "So, you're really ok? Really here?" Ray double checked to make sure he wasn't crazy, wasn't hallucinating his dead sidekick. "I'm here, ray. I'm here."