Chapter 12

The two dragons just managed to escape undetected by the coming group of humans, not a single hint left behind or reason to wonder.. Right? 
Turning the corner, Allister leads the elder mage to the fallen site, along with his two men tailing behind. Although it took just a bit longer to get the mage on his feet than he had said, at least he's now open to have a look at Allister's findings. 
"Alright, now where's this female dragon you speak of?" The mage's voice sighs as Allister is paused by sudden movement. Just barely the hunter notices the rustling of foliage in the brush line behind the fallen site as Slim scurries to catch up with Emeraldus. As lucky as he was to just avoid being seen, the Alchemy wasn't fast enough to completely hide all hints of him being there.
Allister stands for a moment staring at the brush - he could've sworn it moved, but whatever had been there managed to leave just in time. 
Shortly after the mage had spoken, he takes a sharp gasp at an unfortunate sight. "My studies!!" Clumsily speed limping, the old man approaches the open cellar door with shock. He wobbles, crouching to stop himself from falling over a few times, before finally reaching the door. 
"Hey!" He calls down the stairway. "Who's in here??" No reply takes the mage down the stairs, still in a panicked rush, hoping to catch who's responsible if they hadn't left yet. Though unfortunately, all that he can find is clutter, as well as the absence of his spell books - absolutely no culprit to be found.
Allister swaps his gaze to and from the open cellar door, still in thought of who had just left. Turning to his comrades, "Into the woods, both of you! Catch the villain before he escapes!" Allister points in the direction he saw the disturbed foliage. 
Immediately the men obey, drawing their weapons and taking off as directed; however, it is just before Honz can disappear after his companion that he stops. He comes to a sudden halt as his eyes lay upon something on the ground. 
"Uh Sir," He begins with a voice of slight unease. 
Allister snaps his gaze to Honz. 
"You might want to look at this.."
The nerves in his comrade's voice bring Allister over without hesitation. Rather curious, the hunter comes over to have a look at what Honz supposedly found.
Allister's brows go up as soon as he can see it - dragon tracks! But it's not just one dragon, it seems. Crouching down, Allister gets a better look and is taken with shock - it's a Sorcerant with what appears to be Alchemy dragon tracks! Was it that same Sorcerant from the clearing? Was that what left this site? Could that Alchemy also have been the same one that disappeared with it? 
"Dirty, filthy rats!" Back in the cellar room, the mage snarls, sweeping a furious hand across his desk to send papers flying into the air. "Those thieves, I'll smite them!"
Allister turns back to the cellar door upon hearing the man's anger. "What happened, good Sir? What did they snatch?"
"My spell books on the necromancy chapters!" The mage snaps. "They're gone, and they trashed the place! When I get my hands on them..!!"
Honz's voice interrupts Allister's attention on the old man. "Sir Allister, you don't suppose..?" Motioning towards the dragon tracks. 
The hunter is silent… If it's true that the dragons were here, what could've led them to take the spell books? The Sorcerant would be the most likely to take them, but for what reason? To try more spells?
"What was in those spell books?" Allister asks as the mage grumbles back up the stairway. 
"Necromancy! Didn't you hear me?" The mage barks back, a scowl plastered on his graying face. "Dark magic, that's what!"
Allister frowns. "What variants of dark magic? What tricks did they offer?"
Mage walking up to Allister, both men stare at each other with their fixated frowns. "It doesn't matter what they were about," The old man growls. "It's my property stolen! Taken by thieves! I sure as hell didn't request for them to grab my books!"
Turning back to stare off into the woods, Honz begins to ponder. How is his fellow teammate faring out there in search of this culprit? Has he found anyone yet? Perhaps even the supposed dragon? It sends a slight chill up Honz's spine to imagine if his teammate had just run into his death with the dragon if that be so. Although they both have experience with dragon hunting, an angry Sorcerant (plus maybe even an Alchemy dragon) wouldn't be a wise fight solo. Turning back to Allister as the hunter continues to converse with the furious mage, Honz opens his mouth to speak.
"Sir Allister," He begins. "Shall I go fetch our other comrade?"
Pausing momentarily from the mage to reply, Allister nods. "Go find him. At this time, whoever snitched from the good man may not be caught. Yes, go."
As Honze takes off, the mage continues with his frustration. "You're not letting them get away with it, are you? If that be your choice, so help me, I may retract your pay!"
Allister holds up his hand to the old man.
"I didn't say to let them keep the books," He speaks with a level tone. "I said they may not be caught at this time."
The mage's only response is an exasperated snort after a brief pause as he turns away. Grumbling, he mutters a curse or two under his breath ill-temperedly. 
Allister puts his hand down, watching as the old mage goes to close the cellar door with a single thrust of the hand - a loud 'bang' further proving his temper. 
Soon following, the first few drops of rainwater begin to fall. Allister draws his hood over his hair as little dapples start to patter upon his cloak.
"..And this female Sorcerant?" The mage then suddenly adds, stopping to turn an eye back to Allister.
The hunter nods curtly, "Right this way, Sir." Turning to lead the way back to the rotting remains of the back alley way storage as the mage limps behind.
Meanwhile, it luckily doesn't take too long for Honz to catch up with his companion. The other man had paused momentarily upon noticing a startling surprise - the stirring of wing beats and a brief glimpse of what appears to be a dragon. He points it out to Honz just in time to see the glimmer of green scales through the overhanging branches. A dragon's grumble soon follows, fading into the distance as it flies away. Exchanging a silent glance, both men stare wide-eyed. For a moment longer, neither of them speak.
"I knew it," Honz finally says with a soft voice, barely a whisper.
His companion lifts a brow, "Huh?"
Looking back in the direction they saw the dragon disappear, Honz proceeds with his quiet tone. "Sir Allister and I recognized dragon tracks leading from the site a bit ago," Then to his companion again. "It was a Sorcerant's."