28.

I should've known better with what Hoskins meant. It turns out; his 'opportunity' is to use us raptors as their hunting dog to track down some new dinosaur that the scientists have cooked up in the lab. Now, they have us muzzled just to put some cameras on the side of our heads. Delta and Echo are already thrashing around in their muzzles, trying to get free from the hold and maybe bite off someone's head. But, that would be unlikely since the muzzle is quite strong.

A certain someone stepping out of a vehicle takes my attention, and it's Owen with the red-headed woman. I think her name is Claire. Two kids are left in the car to watch things uncover by themselves. Claire punches Hoskins on the cheek, sending his face to face elsewhere as he rubs his cheek. Owen puts his hands on Claire's shoulder in an attempt to calm her down before punching Hoskins again. I snort at the action, kicking on the wall beside the muzzles to try and get Owen's attention. It seems it's futile after all since the guards start to bang on the wall with their guns as if trying to tell us to shut up.

He will be a dead man if there are no restraints.

Speaking of which, Owen and Claire are near the table conference. Probably talking about the course of action they should take to take down the new dinosaur. And that means he agrees to use us as their hunting dog. Damn him! A snarl comes out of my mouth, trying to screech as loud as I can with the muzzle on my snout. I will not risk my pack to save these lowlives from a dinosaur they made to make the park more exciting for the tourists. They made a mistake, they made the dinosaur, and if they breed it, I am sure as hell will track down Dr. Wu and bite his arms off.

Owen seems to notice my distress and excuses himself. Owen comes jogging over to me, leaving a confused Claire at the conference table, but she observes the plan they're making. Owen tells the guards near my pack to leave, and, at first, they were against it until Hoskins barked at them, and they oblige.

"I know that you can't talk to me right now since you're in that form, but hear me out. I know this is an idiotic way to catch a beast using another beast, but this might work, and we have fewer casualties than it should."

I can't really agree with Owen on that. Sure, there will be fewer casualties, but we don't know what might happen out there when we're against that dipshit of a dinosaur. I hate to admit it, but I and the others are still animals, and we go by our instincts. A long breath escapes my nose, and a small, empathetic smile appears on Owen's face. He ribs my head a few times in comfort before he goes to Claire and two kids with her.

Not long after they put cameras on the side of our heads, they release us from the muzzle, but not the cage. The others seem excited to finally walk out of the caged facility and out into the forest, hunting something better than a squealing pig. Owen holds out a chunk of meat to our windows, and we sniff it; the smell of the rampaging dinosaur hits us like a truck. The scent is pretty strong, and something about it is familiar.

The doors suddenly slide open, and off we go to the forest. InGen and the others are following us with their motorcycles and cars, keeping some distance between us. Owen drives beside us, glancing from time to time with a small smirk on his face. To think that this plan of Hoskins might work is slim, but I'll take my chances. It'll indeed be faster and easier to track down the Indominus Rex, but I'm not sure that we can take it down. From what I heard, it's the size of a T-rex, and there are only four raptors. It's close to impossible for us to take it down.

I slow down my pace into a walk, sniffing the air over and over to make sure of the scent Owen gave us. It's definitely near us, but the trees cover it or camouflage themselves to blend in with the environment. InGen soldiers step out of their vehicle and get into position, their weapons ready to fire at any time.