Who are you? (Lauren Jauregui)

(Just a disclaimer this story takes place in a psychiatric ward and I don't know what actually goes on in there, I've only known them from tv/movies/games so forgive me if some of this is inaccurate)

Tw: mentions suicide + self harm

My name's Caitlin, but I just like to be called Cait.

I've spent most of my time in this facility right here called moonlight psychiatric ward.

it's such a pretty name for such a bland place.

My parents dropped me off here when it started, at just 3 years old and i've been here ever since.

I don't blame em tho and I never have. I wouldn't keep me either.

now don't pity me just because I say that because you don't even know the reason i'm here still. I'll tell you why.

when I was 3 years old I had my first "episode" per say.

so my problem is I turn into a monster when i'm experiencing extreme negative emotions like anger, anxiety, sadness, etc.

Not like oh sHe'S suCh A mONstEr tO hAnDLe kind of monster.

like a huge grey Tiger with razor sharp teeth and super sharp claws and glowing eyes...

here I'll show you.

(OFC creds given to the real artist )

I drew this myself, pretty good right?

When you spend all your days doing nothing you get creative.

When it's reeeeally bad I actually have wings and I'm waaaay more bigger but that's another form.

I've learned to control my emotions more so thankfully I haven't turned in a while, let alone the second form.

well, with the help of the medicine they give me.

I'm currently flipping through the channels on the small TV in my room but nothing seems interesting.

"I give up" I huff and get up from my bed

"i'm going to get apple juice" I said leaving my room to go to the cafeteria.

I was talking to no one in particular though, just myself.

Talking to myself is one of the things that keeps me grounded.

well not talking to myself in a crazy person way, because I'm not crazy. 

even if I am in a psychiatric ward....

you know what I mean.

"Hey Cait, where ya headin' to?" my friend Sam waved and started walking with me.

"There's only so many places in this cursed building we can go to so take a guess." I said laughing.

"Right...café?" she asked.