Chapter 4

Kyle began falling and slammed his fists together, they extended onto his hands and up to his upper arms into a pair of orange and gold gauntlets. He held his arms in front of him and they extended into a shield. He slammed through the trees and they slowed him down. He landed onto the ground with a loud thud. The shield returned to it's wristband form and he tapped his goggles again and they retracted back to his ear pieces.

He heard gunshots and cheering that sounded like Yang and smiled. He looked up and saw a brown and yellow blur flying above him with a large blast trailing behind her. He ran to where he saw the temple and heard leagues of sounds, such as Ursi and gunshots. He was worried about failing because he couldn't find a partner.

He ran around looking for one and finally saw Ruby, he began to slow down and felt relieved. He smiled and stopped. He was about to call her name when he heard a loud bossy, and recognizable voice calling her. His fears began to rise again. He watched as Weiss walked up to her.

"Ruby!" He called.

Ruby turned her head and smiled, she ran to him and hugged him, "Kyle!!!!"

Weiss turned and frowned, "You again? Oh great."

Ruby scowled at her and stomped over to her, "Hey treat him with respect!

"Ruby it's ok." He reassured her.

They got into a fight and he just sat back and watched. The bickered for a while and he got pretty annoyed, "HEY!! Both of you stop fighting, we don't have time for this!"

They both turned and looked at him.

"Sorry Kyle." Ruby said.

"Since when was your brother so good at stopping fights." Weiss asked.

"It's not about stopping fights, it's about keeping things together." He explained, "I am not asking you to get along, but for the sake of this mission you two need to keep the fighting to a minimum."

"Speaking of that, where is your teammate?" Weiss asked.

"Uhh... I haven't found one yet." He admitted shamefully.

"Well you need a teammate in order to pass." Ruby noted.

"I don't want to think about that now." Kyle replied.

"Well first we need to figure out where to go." Weiss noted.

"I'll get a better vantage point. You two follow behind me." He explained.

They both nodded. He jumped up and climbed the tree in front of them, looking around for the temple. He spotted it and waved down to them so they knew that he saw it, and jumped from tree to tree. He didn't take the time to make sure they were still following him since he was worrying about finding a partner.

He heard a loud bang behind him and turned to see a large burning tree. He ran back but was stopped by the sound of screeching, he turned again and saw a Nevermore flying through the air. He growled and ran to the direction it was heading to. He jumped for about a few minutes and saw it flying overhead.

He gained his balance, activated his semblance, timed his jump and leaped into the air with incredible power, landing on its back. He clapped his arms together and his wristbands turned into dual pistols. He shot the Nevermore in the back many times and it cried in pain. He put about 6 rounds into it and it began to do barrel rolls. He held on but eventually he had to let go. He flew into the ground with frightening speed and landed on the ground with a hard thud.

He looked around and heard a familiar voice, "Did your brother just shoot a Nevermore in the back with some pistols?"

He turned and saw a wide-eyed Yang stared at him and the Nevermore that was flying away with Blake giving him a very amused look. He also noticed that they were at the temple, with four empty spots.