Chapter 5

Kyle watched as Ozpin assigned the teams based on what the teams collected. He smiled while he watched team JNPR (Juane, Nora, Pyhhra, and Ren) step off of the podium. Kyle started jumping with anticipation as he watched Ruby, Weiss, Yang, and Blake walk onto the podium.

"Ruby Rose, Blake Belladonna, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long." Ozpin called, "The four of you collected the white knight pieces, so you will turn into team RWBY, led by Ruby Rose."

Kyle ran up to Ruby and hugged her without a single care in the world, "I AM SO PROUD OF YOU RUBY!!!"

Ruby groaned in pain and he let go. She looked at him and smiled, a smile so genuine that he couldn't help but smile as well. Yang hugged her after that and crushed Ruby with just as much force as Kyle did. And Ruby responded the same way, groaning in pain until Yang let go and apologized.

He looked onward at the night sky and his smile faded a bit, it was a shame that he would have to leave on this beautiful night. But that was the cost of not finding a partner. He had gotten a notice from Goodwitch to meet Ozpin in his office after the ceremony. He didn't complain, didn't plead to stay, he accepted his fate.

He turned and walked away from the team and towards his office. While he was walking he looked at Beacon Academy, he never got to notice just how large it was outside. Kyle felt so angry, he just got here and reunited with his sisters, but now he had to leave and go back home. He saw the platform where they landed and the yard where they slept last night and started to wonder what would've happened if he had been on the team. He soon saw the place where he and Ozpin were going to talk and he just stood and looked at it. He was just about to walk into the building when he heard sounds of people walked right behind him.

He turned around and his heart folded in on itself, all of team RWBY were standing behind him with a mix of sad and concerned looks on their faces. Even Weiss looked sad.

"Hey" He said quietly.

"Hey" they all repeated.

"So, I guess this is goodbye." He said while looking down.

"Yeah" Ruby said softly.

"I am gonna miss you- ACK!" He was suddenly hugged by his sisters.

Ruby started crying uncontrollably causing Kyle to tear up, "You better send messages to us everyday."

Kyle hugged his sisters and a single tear fell down his cheek, "Of course guys, I will send messages everyday"

They let go and stared at him for a bit, Ruby then hugged Yang and sobbed into her shoulder. He felt his heart being crushed by the weight of what he had done. Why did they just have to meet up, only to have to leave them again.

Weiss walked up to him and hugged him, which caused him to gasp a bit and chuckle, "I am going to miss you Kyle."

He patted her back, "I am going to miss you too Ice Queen."

She laughed and punched him in the arm playfully. She walked over to Ruby and Yang and patted Ruby on the shoulder to comfort her.

Last but not least was Blake, his first friend here. She walked over to him and looked down. He felt like there was nothing to say to make it feel any better. They just stood there for a moment not sure of what to say.

"I would really like to see you some other time." Kyle said, trying to break the ice.

"Yeah, seems like it would be fun." She agreed.

She finally met his eyes, and for some reason right then right there, he never wanted to leave this moment. But he had to let it go. He turned and started to walk away but she grabbed him and kissed him on the cheek. He blushed and gasped. She just giggled and blushed as well.