NOTE:

The following document has not been verified and may not represent a factual series of events.

This document was originally discovered as a plaintext file stored on an SD card which was found in DIAO Director G. K. Tarmont's office on April 18, 2019. Shortly after the Director downloaded the file to her computer and removed the SD card, she began looking for the SD card again and was unable to find it. This in itself was verified by two of her coworkers. After the security camera footage for Director Tarmont's office was examined, it was determined that the SD card had mysteriously appeared and disappeared from her office with no obvious cause. As of May 2, 2019, no thaumaturgy has been traced to said appearance and disappearance, and the SD card itself, along with many of the other events that the DIAO was investigating at the time, remains a mystery.

Director Tarmont has notably refused to comment on the narrative, which describes in detail the few months immediately preceding the sixteenth anniversary of the Thaumatogenesis. The description of the DIAO investigations at various times throughout the narrative are entirely accurate according to other DIAO officials, but other events described as relating to the DIAO itself have not been verified, along with many other events. However, it is notable that the DIAO has not explicitly denied the contents of the narrative.

As the narrative describes in detail events which did actually occur at the DIAO during the months from January to April of 2019, it is reasonable to assume that the narrative was written by someone who worked at the DIAO during that time, possibly even Director Tarmont herself. It is important to note that Director Tarmont has denied having any part in the writing of the narrative.

In relation to this speculation, it is noted that, at least within the narrative, the author is implied to be an individual referred to simply as "Alex" without a last name or other identification. Whether an actual Alex exists and has written the narrative has not yet been investigated and likely will not be elaborated on further, as there is no clear method to confirm or disprove this. No Alex was employed by the DIAO at the time.

The narrative's fanciful quality suggests that it may have been written as a frivolous "solution" to the DIAO Thaumatogenesis investigation or even simply as a joke. However, its manner of appearance and the context surrounding its discovery (as well as the actual events related to the aforementioned investigation) suggest that this may not be the case. As such, the purpose of this narrative, the identity of the undescribed "Alex", the question of a conspiracy within the DIAO, and the truth of other events described within the document remain a mystery. However, it is still important to consider the possibility that this narrative may represent the truth. --VP