Chapter 3 - Thor's plan

"Miss L/n, Thor has called the group for a meeting," The Vision calls from the other side of the door.

"Thanks, Vis," you reply, slipping on an oversized jumper. A shiver sent through you when your feet met the cool ground. Stepping through the hall, you saw the ground standing around. "Thor!" The group makes way for you to embrace the god.

"Wonderful to see you, Lady Y/n,"

"I see Asgard has gotten you back into the habit,"

The god gives out a thundering laugh. "Apologies, Y/n, now for the point of this calling," Thor sucks in a breath. "The Allfather and I have negotiated about consequences for my brother,"

"I thought he was already sentenced to life in prison?" Bruce shifts uncomfortably.

"Yes, well that hasn't been going so well, we have come up with a worse punishment, at least one he agreed he would despise,"

"Torture?"

"Death?"

"Being sent to Macy's on Black Friday?" Heads snap to Peter who blushes. "What? It's worse than death,"

"Spiderling is close, he will actually be sent to earth,"

"What?!" The group roars with complaint but you knew this would get worse... you knew from that look on Thor's face where he would be sent... here.

"Friends, please, I have not finished,"

"Finished? Isn't him being sent to earth bad enough?" Sam scoffs.

"It gets worse," you mumble loud enough for a few to hear.

"Worse? Did she say worse? What do you mean worse?"

"I'll let Thor finish,"

"No, I think it's best if you finished it off, Lady Y/n," Thor really didn't want to say this, did he?

"Fine, Loki will be living here," no one shouted... shell shocked, maybe, or maybe too scared to raise their voice at you. Glares, instead, were sent towards Thor, his fingers twiddling nervously.

"Can we shout?" Tony squeaks.

"No, and you can't shout later or ever, I actually think this will be good for him,"

"Good?" Clint wheezes.

"Yes, good, it will let him learn what it's like to live on... Midgard, was it?" Thor nods. "And don't take this out on Thor, he has good intentions,"

"This is Loki, Y/n, he killed people and tried to take over New York," Nat tries her best to reason with you.

"Spending how long he has in a dungeon surely has given him time to review his actions-"

"This isn't kindergarten, Horns,"

"You're right, but whether we are children or adults, we still have the ability to change,"

"He's a psycho!"

"Watch your words, Speedster," Thor growls. "He may be rough around the edges but he is my brother and he is family,"

"Exactly, adopted or not," you clap your hands together. "Let me tell you something, there was this boy, he made mistakes... a lot of them, actually," you chuckle. "I would constantly have to scold him for doing such stupid things, until one day, he did something so horrible... he realised the wrong and made it right,"

"How old was he?"

"God... I'm not sure, this was centuries ago... I'd guess about 14? I was a little younger than him in human years," you saw that glint in their eyes. "Oh no, I know that look,"

"Oh please please please, Y/n!"

"Aren't you meant to be the older twin, Pietro?" He immediately shuts you up with five dollars. "Seriously?" Everyone else puts in some money. "Won't say no to free money," conjuring some hot chocolate for each one, they quietly poke at floating clouds.

"Go on, Doll,"

"Well... it was around the 1300s..."

~~~

Bright and early that morning, tunes were sung in high chirps from oak trees. Fresh dewy grass was felt underneath, your dress just grazing along the blades. The empty bucket swung back and forth in your hands, it's metal handle leaving an irony smell along your skin.

Villagers swarmed along the paths, holding groceries, moving cattle or merely talking.

"Morning!" Your cheery voice went unnoticed... that's the problem with being what they called a vagabond. It's not your fault you were a demon with no parents! Not that you could tell anyone that, though.

Lifting the bucket to the top of the well you vowed quietly to yourself that you'd learn how to conjure up your own water. Slowly towing the bucket up, the rope slips.

"No!" Just in time however a hand grips it tight. "Oh, thank you," looking up it was a boy with short raven hair and chocolate brown eyes. His pale skin and mischievous smile sent a flutter through your young heart.

"You're very welcome, Miss," pouring that bucket of water into yours, he took it out of your reach. "Allow me,"

"You're very kind, no one has ever acknowledged my presence,"

"And let such a beauty go without a wisp of a word? That seems almost unbelievable,"

"With a silver tongue like yours I would think you're here to coax me for some wealth,"

"Apologise, it's a habit of mine, but I'm not looking for money, merely a companion for the road ahead," he continued to follow you down a slope.

"I would classify it more so as a talent, though don't feel undermined, not many are able to cast me under a spell," you pretend to be wooed which caused a laugh to escape his lips.

It was one of those special laughs. Genuine and pure.

"May I know your name?" He asks once you reached your small abandoned cottage on the outskirts of town.

"Elfina, and you?"

"Lucian,"

"It was wonderful to meet you, Lucian, I hope we are able to talk again, I enjoyed taking a stroll with you,"

"I too," he handed over the bucket and stood back. "Farewell, Elfina,"

"Afternoon, Lucian," doing a small curtesy, you enter the cottage and let out a sigh.

~~~

:)

- Anna ❤️