Chapter 8 - Winning

"Peter!" The spiderling comes in riding on Pietro's back.

"Thank you, kind sir," Pietro receives a gummy bear before speeding off. "What's up?"

"You said you wanted to 'teach Mr Loki about earth music', right?"

"Shh! You're not meant to expose me!" Peter groans as Loki looks at him fondly.

"Get your speaker, I'll get some snacks,"

~~~

Once everything was set up Peter took out his phone with large grin.

"Let's do this thing,"

"You're going to regret this because Pietro and I made this playlist," your face drained when the first song came on.

I said certified freak seven days a week!

"PETER!" You lunge for the phone as Peter hangs upside down. "Friday shut it down!"

"Sing it with me Y/n!" Peter skips further into the song. "Sing it loud and clear!"

I don't wanna spit, I wanna gulp
I wanna gag, I wanna choke
I want you to touch that lil' dangly thing
That swing in the back of my throat

"SHUT IT DOWN!" You throw pillows and remotes at Peter who videos Pietro doing tik tok dances.

"SING IT AND I WILL!" He replays the only part he knew that you had memorised to scar Steve. Taking a deep breath you do as bargained.

"Your honor, I'm a freak bitch, handcuffs, leashes. Switch my wig, make him feel like he cheating. Put him on his knees, give him something to believe in!" You scream, throwing a vase at Peter who catches it.

"What the hell is going on?!" Steve and Bucky run in, blushes filling their cheeks as they see the chaos. A stunned Loki sitting down staring into the abyss, Peter upside down with a vase, you clutching your ears and Pietro dancing in the mirror.

"I'm not trusting you anymore," you collapse into the couch as Peter spindles down.

"You wanted pop culture,"

"That was vulgar," Loki let out a hoarse incoherent mumble.

"Yeah imagine hearing it on repeat for the first time," turning to face the couch you scream into it from embarrassment.

"I had to do, N/n,"

"You have lost your music rights," snatching the phone from him once you turned back around you scrolled through the playlist to see vulgar music after another.

"I have no rights, not in this economy,"

"Young man, every human has rights, this has nothing to do with the economic status-"

"Steve, doll, Peter was kidding," Steve goes to resume his rant only for Bucky to pull him away.

"Didn't even notice, the punches that you roll with," Pietro mumbles to himself, doing the dance flawlessly in the mirror.

"This will do," What makes you beautiful by 1 Direction blasts.

"You're insecure! Don't know what for!" Clint bursts through the vents as everyone slides in.

"You're turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or!" Wanda peaks her head around the corner of the hall.

"Don't need make-up to cover up!" Thor thunders.

"Being the way that you are is enou-ou-ough!" Sam sings from the balcony; he wasn't inside because everyone decided to lock him out that morning... or at least Bucky did.

Loki stared in confusion at the choir of uneven, out of tune and strained voices. Thor notices his brother and picks him up by the shoulders and parades him around causing the god of mischief to act more like a cat and claw at Thor's hands.

Song by song played. From Wannabe to Royals, pop culture was blasted. Despite urging him to dance along, Loki refused, instead he listened to the lyrics and noted the repeated ones down.

~a week later~

Tonight was the night. Loki was determined to win. Certain he would. This time, he ate his dinner, finding that it wasn't the worse thing he's eaten.

Bells appeared before the four in no time. You and Peter ready to play and count the scores.

"Number of spice girl members," Loki was the first to ring his bell.

"Five,"

"Correct," Peter scrolled down his phone for the next question. "What's Jack Nicholson's iconic line from the shining?" Steve presses his bell.

"Redrum,"

"Nope. Loki?" You turn to Loki who answers.

"Here's Johnny," a point was awarded. On and on this went, until the tie breaker between Bucky and Loki.

"Which Panic! at the disco song did the lyrics 'I chime in...' come from?" Both bells were tapped. "Bucky?"

"Nine in the afternoon," his smile drops when you shake your head and turn to Loki.

"I write sins not tragedies," you look to Peter with a shrug.

"We have our winner!" Everyone claps as Thor congrats his brother with a large hug.

"Put me down!" Loki meets your eye with an goofy smile as Thor crushed the life out of him. (Not as hard as Thanos did tho- too soon?)

"I knew you would come around to loving Midgard culture!" Thor let's go if Loki who went into a coughing fit.

"Winning is all I wanted to do, you oaf, and next time try crushing my neck I heard it would kill me faster," (still too soon?)

"Alright, boys, settle down," clicking your fingers, Tony appears in a pink dress with a giant bow and pink gloves under a spotlight. 'Diamonds are a girls best friends' playing in the background.

"Jokes on you I feel fabulous," Tony strikes a pose before tripping over the heels you put him in. "Still fabulous," he groans.

"You look amazing, Mr Stark!" Peter cheers as Tony stands up.

"Thanks, kid,"

~~~

✨ Tony as Marilyn Monroe ✨

Also the songs at the beginning of the chapter might not have anything to do with the chapter, it's probs just what I was listening to while publishing!

In this case it did but for future it probs won't idk

- Anna ❤️