Chapter 21 - Cottage by the woods

"Loki wait!" Darcy spun the god back to face her. "You have to tell her,"

"I already have," he hisses.

"You know what I'm talking about!"

"What are you talking about?" Sam looks to the two for help.

"Nothing-"

"He's Lucian!"

"LADY DARCY!" Loki bellows.

"You're what?!" Nat rushes forward and takes a fist full of Loki's collar. "You knew and you didn't tell her??"

"Let go of me, you quim!" Loki release himself from her grip and scowls. "I merely found out not long ago, a confirmation from Heimdall a little while after, and you expect me to waltz in and announce I was the boy she thought died centuries ago?!" He huffs. "Because that, my dear, is the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of!"

"Guys,"

"It's not idiotic because it's love!"

"Guys,"

"She loved the younger me! Not this version!"

"Guys!"

"She loves you no matter what!-"

"GUYS!"

"WHAT?!" The two arguing snap to Tony who holds up his tablet.

"She's leaving," the device showed the Quinjet taking off.

"Dammit," Nat holds the bridge of her nose.

"Where is she going?"

"Who knows? She just disappears for a week and comes back like nothing happened," Bruce informs.

"We've tried tracking her before but it never works," Bucky nods in agreement with Steve.

"All she's ever told us is that she's going to a cottage,"

"But that doesn't narrow it down at all," the group agrees with Pietro, for once.

"I know where she is," Loki whispers which catches the attention of everyone.

~~~

Daisies rustled beneath, swaying in the cool wind, scattering the land like snow on a frosty winter night. Alone on the outskirts of the forest, a single run down cottage stayed. With its board up windows and unhinged door, it looked like a wreck from afar.

A water wheel slowly broke away as former running water dripped and spilt over into the grass.

"Trust me," Lucian held your hand tight as you took a breath.

"I trust you," Lucian nods and hoists you up on the wheel and starts to walk in sync with the turning, smiling when a laugh of disbelief escapes your lips.

The small rooster compass creaked in the smooth wind on the peak of the hay roof. The brick chimney was half eaten as ash scattered hay was left.

"Lucian! Get down from there before you get hurt!"

"I'll be fine, Elfina!" He calls down, installing the rooster compass.

A deep sigh escapes your lips as you walk through the barrier which held up this illusion. From before, the run down cottage was now one flourishing with wildlife. Flowers blossomed underneath ivy covered walls like a luring spell.

The water wheel turned gracefully, splashing water against stone like raining diamonds in the soft sun. Bending down to meet the damp grass against your skin birds chirped above, nuzzling together as a breeze flows by.