28. Nico's Girl, Agustin's Fall

Valentina

Sofia looked around my lavender painted room, scanning each and every part of it with wide eyes. Her smile reemerged when she moved against the window, watching the garden.

"Did Antonio leave for his study?" She asked, walking over to my side while cradling her injured arm.

"No he is in his room." I was searching frantically for the first aid kit to nurse her injury when the realization struck me. I confessed to Sofia about a glitch in our relationship. The fake bond. Glancing at her carefully, I saw her frozen in her wide eyed stance. "I mean, he went to his room because..we fought."

Her lips curled up. Paleness disappeared as her cheeks flushed when Agustin entered the room. She peeled her eyes from him to me, clearing her throat. "You both need to patch things up. I can see love in your eyes."

Sofia was many things, bad emotion reader being one among them. What Antonio and I had was complicated. I was pulled apart with the struggles of my heart and mind. Nobody would understand if I said the moment of vulnerability I exhibited, upon realizing Ramon's truth made me feel guilty the next day. I wasn't the girly girl. To be put in the right sense, I wasn't Sofia. There were times when I envied her simplicity, her innocence.

How easy it must be for her to like a person, exhibit her weakness. Toss away the fears of her heart, the one looming over, telling her that if her father could betray her, anyone could. Oh! That wasn't Sofia's saga. I was projecting again.

"What are we talking about?" Agustin fell on my bed, eying both of us. He tucked his head beneath his hands as a pillow.

"Oh, Val was saying how she and Antonio fought and why he was in his room instead of here."

Agustin giggled, rising from the bed. I swat his hand as he tried to turn me to face him. "Help me find the first aid." I ordered.

"HELP." His voice bellowed through the room. Sofia and I watched him continue his giggle and raising an alarm.

Mateo rushed into the room, darting from the door. He skidded in front of us, panting. I was assuming, he ran the long stretched steps, assuming one of us was in trouble.

"What happened?" Mateo's reddened face snapped at each of us, his x-ray vision monitoring us before he turned to Agustin. "Why did you yell?"

Agustin pointed to me. "Val needed first aid kit," he picked up Mateo, who was still grounded on the floor. "Be a good boy and fetch her that."

Before I could reprimand Agustin for getting working members of our security to do mundane task, I heard someone.

"What happened?" Our eyes slid to the door where Antonio, mimicked Mateo's actions. He banged himself on the ajar door before falling into the room. We all bit into our lips as his eyes played the same game as Mateo's. "Why did you yell?" he panted, walking the rest of the distance.

Agustin rolled his eyes and rose his hands up in the air, frustrated. "Val needed first aid kit." When he opened his mouth to repeat his previous words, we all chimed in.

"Be a good boy and fetch her that."

Antonio's forehead wrinkled as he looked at us, laughing, trembling like autumn leaves crumbling onto the floor and bed. Even Mateo wasn't able to resist, succumbing to the laughter riot that took over the room.

"You all are.." Antonio sighed in frustration, running his hand into his set hair. His vision slid on all of us, laughing but then held over me for a brief moment. I couldn't tell if he was about to smile or scold us. When he walked out, Mateo followed behind.