𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝙴𝚟𝚎

Summer didn't feel like going out anywhere even though it was Christmas Eve. She'd spent the last 10 days moping and she'd spend the entire month moping if she could.

The girl had gone through a break up, for god's sake!

Richard hadn't showed up after the fight and that hurt more than it should've.

Adelia and Michelle had got her junk food to eat and Allie and Maggie offered to babysit Willow and Axel for a few days.

She was lucky to have such an amazing family.

Even the boys supported her, bringing her chick flicks to watch and checking in on her from time to time.

None of them were the boy she wanted, though.

"Hey, idiots!" Adelia smiled cheerfully over her breakfast "Merry Christmas Eve"

"It ain't Merry for me" Summer sighed. She needed to stop being a Grinch and apparently her daughter thought the same.

"Mommy, smile" The child wiggled her chubby hands and squealed.

"Shh, Willow" Axel said over the video game he was playing with Hayden.

"Don't act like a ass, Axel"

"Orlando! Language" Adelia scolded and Orlando winced

"Forgot about that, mama, sorry"

"Don't say that again, okay buddy?" Joel said, holding in his laughter and Michelle giggled.

Adelia's child was definitely like her. Not afraid of saying anything to anyone.

"So we're gonna be out the entire day today?" Christopher asked groggily as he kissed Michelle's cheek.
"Yep" Allie said and turned to Summer "You coming?"
"No" Summer said as if it was a reflex.
"Summer, babe" Maggie leaned forward "You've gotta cheer up! It's Christmas Eve!"
"You guys have perfect relationships, okay?!" Summer burst out, startling the kids "It's so much easier for you to say that!"
The room fell silent.
Axel reached towards his mother and touched her arm as Willow burst into loud tears.
"You okay, mama?" He said, voice shaky and Summer's eyes softened.
"Mommy just needs some time baby" She smiled, rocking Willow in her lap.
Axel nodded, still looking unsure.
"Mama, do you wuv me?" She turned to her baby girl, surprised at the question.
"Of course, baby"
"Does daddy wuv you?"
The question caught her off guard.
Damn her smartass of a two year old!
Ignoring the question, she pulled Willow up and looked at the people in front of her.

"Which one of yall is babysitting Axel and Willow today?"

Turns out letting her hair down, a glass of wine and a bit of Jazmine Sullivan singing about getting back at her ex was just what she needed.
The only thing that killed the buzz was the doorbell ringing at about 7pm.
"I'll bust the windows out your car..." She sang along as she moved to the door.
She froze when she saw who was on the other side.
"You?"
"Me" Richard said but not cockily. He looked shy and.....restless?
"Um...." She shifted from one side to the other. The music in the background didn't help the awkwardness either.
"I'm so sorry, Sum" Richard said and her eyes snapped up.
"What?"
"Can we talk? Like outside?" His face was red and he looked flustered.
Richard Camacho was never, NEVER flustered.
"Okay" She sighed.
Better to bury the hatchet, right?
Summer looked around as she stepped out.
It looked like a whole winter wonderland, white snowflake designs lined up. everywhere
"Wow, this looks..." Her voice trailed off as she looked to her side.

Richard was on one knee. In his hand, he held a box with a rose gold band in it.
Her eyes glistened with tears.
"Holy shit" She whispered.
"This was the 'work' I was doing. I'd never choose anything over you, Summer. Marry me, baby?" His eyes glisten.
"I'm..." She looked around and her friends surrounded her along with the kids, all of them sporting big fat smiles on their faces.
"Say yes mommy!" Willow said
"Yes. Yes" She nodded, tears streaming down her face as Richard tipped her chin up and kissed her.
Pulling back, she looked at him.
"Are we really doing this thing?" She whispered
"Yes, princess"
"Together?"
"Always"
She hugged him.
She was marrying him.
Five years had definitely been fucking worth it.

"When's the wedding?" Chris asked with a mouthful of food.
"Tomorrow" Richard said.
Summer laughed until she noticed he was serious.
"What? You're joking"
He shrugged "Why not? It's not like I'm gonna wait to call you wifey" Richard winked and her tummy fluttered.
Summer bit her lip, drunk on happiness.
Sure, why the hell not?

A/N ; i wanted to publish this on christmas but i aint gonna have a merry one because *exams* but i'll drop the last chapter on christmas and im rambling again-