Chapter 8

Wave Country

Izuna narrowed his eyes at the sound of a spinning object coming towards them.

"Everyone duck!" Kakashi shouted.

Izuna merely turned his head to the side as an object passed him and was lodged in the nearby tree. He looked at the rouge-nin who by the looks of it was stronger than the ones they encountered. He grinned madly. "At last. A person who would pose a challenge, unlike those simpletons we met on our way here." Izuna unsheathed his sword and disappeared in a blur.

So fast! was the thought of everyone.

Zabuza barely blocked his sword with his own. Both swords clashed together as sparks flew due to their intense battle. Team seven and Tazuna were left dumbfounded of how a mere Genin was trading swords with one of the seven hidden swordsmen of the mist. Then again, they knew that he was more advanced from the genins in the academy.

Izuna frowned. "This dance has gotten boring. You wish to dance yet you do not know the steps. How disappointing." he said as he brought his katana down towards Zabuza; however, he jumped back quickly, dodging five senbons coming towards him. Izuna narrowed his eyes at the masked figure holding Zabuza by his arms.

Izuna sheathed his sword, and his eyes turned back to their normal onyx colour. "Tch. I have lost interest in this useless dance."

The masked figure quickly left with their master.

"Why did you let him go! He's the enemy!" Kakashi shouted in outrage.

Izuna raised an eyebrow. "I wish to dance with him when he's at full power." He grinned maniacally.

A shiver went down their spine.

Izuna glanced at the shaking bridge builder. "Take us to your house."

"Hai!" said Tazuna.

.

Tazuna's House

"Tsunami I'm home!" Tazuna shouted.

"Oh, you've come back, father! Did you bring help?" Tsunami looked at her father with hope.

"Yes, these people are from Konoha, and they're going to help us defeat Gato and his followers."

"Oh, good." Tsunami sighed in relief before looking at team seven. "I'm sure you're tired after your journey here. There are some rooms upstairs, feel free to use them."

"Hai/Hn." they said.

.

Next day...

"Alright team, I'm going to teach you tree walking." Kakashi declared as he looked at his team.

"But Kakashi-sensei, we already know to climb a tree." said Sakura.

"Not climb, walk." Kakashi corrected.

"But how?!" Naruto exclaimed. "That's impossible!"

"It's easy. Simply channel chakra to your feet and walk on the trees until you reach the top. Alright, here start!" Kakashi said as he threw some kunai in front of them. Kakashi noticed a certain ravenette missing from the group and looked around for the other Uchiha. "Hm? Where's Izuna?" Suddenly a kunai hit the ground inches away from his feet. He looked up at the top of the tree and there he was, standing on the top of the tree looking stoic as ever with his arms crossed.

He really looks like Madara for some reason. Kakashi thought as he sweated bullets.

"I learned this when I was two years old. Is this how every one of the Genins are in Konoha? Unaware of the basics while going on missions out of the village? Hn, I am severely disappointed in your education system. At least I expected clan heirs to know training. I will be practising real training than some child's training." Izuna jumped down and landed gracefully on the ground without making a sound which put Kakashi on edge before leaving them.

.

In the middle of the forest

"Now let's see if I can still do those jutsus in this life." He held his hand in a tiger sign and uttered the infamous jutsu feared in the five nations. "Katon: Gōka Messhitsu!" A massive stream of intense flames came out of his mouth engulfing the river in flames. Steam rose off the surface as the result of the fierce flames. He rubbed his chin. "Well, at least I'm able to do it with no problem; however, the river is not dried up as expected from that jutsu." He hummed before performing the jutsu once more.

.

Where Kakashi and the others are

"It seems that-" before Kakashi could finish his sentence, he was interrupted by the sight of an intense fire jutsu that could be seen from few metres away from them.

"What the hell was that!" Naruto shouted, pointing at the flames.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes towards where the jutsu was and frowned. "Let's check it out. Be on guard just in case!"

"Hai/Hn." they said.

.

With Izuna

Izuna panted as he smirked at the dried-up lake in front of him. Success! He narrowed his eyes when he sensed his team's chakras approaching his location.

When Kakashi and the others arrived, they saw Izuna standing in front of what used to be a lake. They were dumbfounded at what they were seeing. What kind of fire jutsu could do that to a lake.

Kakashi narrowed his eyes. It must be an S-Rank jutsu at least.

"How do you do that? What just did you use?" Kakashi asked Izuna.

Izuna smirked. "Hn."

Kakashi's eyebrow twitched at the familiar response.

"Answer me!"

Izuna simply ignored him and walked away from his shocked team.