1| Act I, Scene I

(Muggle a/u up ahead)

Harry's palms were sweaty as he stood out in the noisy hallway.
He hated waiting for teachers to let people in the classroom.

He didn't even want to come to this stupid class, he only needed the fine art credit to graduate and Drama class just happened to be the first thing on the list.

"You do realize that we can go in?" A voice said from behind him.

Harry turned to see a tall, thin blonde boy.
Something in his stomach flipped.

"Oh," Harry flushed.

The boy laughed, rather condescendingly. Harry's stomach flipped again but this time he knew what it was; fury.

The boy sauntered through the door and Harry followed behind, glaring at the boys shoes.

Who wears dress shoes to a drama class??

"Ah nice of you to join us, Mr. Malfoy and Potter," Ms. McGonagall said.

The 'Malfoy' guy sat in an empty seat in the back.

"Well Mr. Potter, aren't you going to take a seat, or are you one of those people who prefer to stand?" The teacher smirked.

"No, er, right," Harry stammered and sat down near the middle of the classroom.

There were muffled snickers that made Harry's ears heat up.

He was zoned out, staring at the clock and willing this class to be over when Ms. McGonagall said his name.

"Huh?"

"I said that we were going to be working in doubles to do several two person plays, whoever performs their play the best will get the highest score," she sighed.

"Okay, cool," Harry said.

Ms. McGonagall rolled her eyes and continued her speech on the importance of a good dynamic on the stage.

Harry laughed inwardly, he had a horrible dynamic with just about everyone.

"I'm going to pass the plays out, and whoever has the matching one will be your partner," she explained.

Harry didn't even bother looking down at the heavy stack of paper that was plopped onto his desk. He didn't want to be here anyways.

"Hey! HEY!" Malfoy screeched into his ear.

"The fuck?" Harry glowered at him.

"We. Have. The. Same. Play." Malfoy said, enunciating every word.

"Okay, and?" Harry was getting impatient.

"We're partners dumbass,"

"I don't want to do this," Harry crossed his arms.

"Well too bad, it's the first big grade of the semester and my GPA can't risk it," Malfoy turned his nose up.

"Fuck your GPA,"
he was already so done with this class and this boy.

All he wanted to do was drop out but if he wanted to stay off of the streets then he'd have to stay in it to the end.

"Listen, I don't know who you think you are, but just because you have issues it doesn't mean that you can drag them into everything and fuck up everyone else," Malfoy managed to say with a leveled voice.

What was with this black haired boy? He wondered.

Malfoy wasn't exactly doing cartwheels about this whole drama class but at least he was putting an effort into it.

Unlike this Potter kid.

Harry huffed and finally stood from his seat.

"Fine, I'll do it, but just know that it's in contempt,"

"I wouldn't expect anything less," Malfoy smirked.

For the rest of the period the two boys sat across from each other and read lines.

It was Harry's turn to read.
"I can't read this,"

"Why?" Malfoy frowned.

"It's too mushy!"

"Stop whisper yelling," Malfoy rolled his eyes, "and besides, it's just acting, they're just words, they mean nothing,"

"I know but... I feel weird," Harry admitted.

"Ugh! Let me read it then,"

Malfoy sat up tall and looked Harry dead in the eyes.

"You know, there is something between us, something beyond our horizons, something waiting for you and me," Malfoy let out a laugh, "that wasn't that bad,"

"Oh really? Look at the directions!" Harry pointed an accusatory finger into the script.

"They kiss," Malfoy read aloud.

"See-,"

"-alright class is dismissed!" McGonagall called out, right on time.

Harry practically ascended from his chair but Malfoy grabbed his arm.

"Malfoy!" Harry was exasperated.

He got no response, instead Malfoy bent down and kissed his hand, like they would in the movies.

"M' Lady," Malfoy grinned.

Harry wrenched his hand back. He felt... staticky.

"See you around Potter boy," He said coyly and waved.

This semester was going to be interesting.

Y'all, if you have a prompt you want to see written I'll do it so just lemme know :)

Hope to see you in the next chapters!