Falling?

Jesse had been staying with Mamoru for two weeks now, Jaden's band had moved their work to a studio closer in the area just to make it easier on the brunette. Jaden's manager, Zane Truesdale, even set up therapy appointments for the boy. Although his manager seemed cold and harsh, he was incredibly careful not to push the musician to far.

        Said brunette was also starting to look better, thanks to some medication he had been sleeping more so the bags under his eyes were gone. Jesse had coaxed both his brother and the rock star into eating full meals again, even getting his brother to cook again. Wanting to try it to, Jaden had woke up a little early, Jesse was asleep on the couch which reminded the brunette to be extra quiet. He slipped into the kitchen and dug through the fridge, he rarely cooked so he decided to keep it simple.

       A few minutes late the smoke alarm went off making the blunette jump up from the couch in a panic. He looked over to see a flustered brunette waving a pillow underneath the alarm trying to clear the smoke so it would stop. Jesse cracked a smile and chuckled slightly grabbing his own pillow, he walked over to the rock star and helped clear the smoke. When the alarm shut off Jaden let out a sigh of relief then glanced over to see amused green eyes.

     "What were you doing?"

      "I was trying to cook breakfast for you both" Jaden looked down his cheeks flushed embarrassed.

     "really? That's nice, well I'm definitely ready to eat" Jesse smiled.

      The Norwegian sat at the dining room table; a little excited Jaden placed a plate in front of him. Jesse's eyes widen in shock, everything was burnt, he glanced up to see excited chocolate eyes staring at him. With a shaky smile he did his best to eat the burnt eggs and toast before him.

     "That was amazing" He forced a smile; he couldn't bear to tell the rock star the truth.

       Jaden cheered, proud of himself, grabbing a second plate he headed to Mamoru's room. Jesse watched as the brunette left and silently prayed his brother would be ok. Opening the door Jaden stuck his head in, the blonde was fast asleep which amazed Jaden since the alarm was so loud. Moving closer Jaden noticed a small orange bulb in the blonde's ear, earplugs. Now he knew how the man could sleep through such a loud noise. Using one hand he shook the blonde's shoulder gently, Mamoru groaned and stirred slightly. Slowly he sat up, he pulled out his ear plugs and smiled at the brunette tiredly.

     "Good morning"

     "Morning I made you breakfast" Jaden smiled proudly.

       The brunette handed the plate to the half-asleep man, he watched excitedly as the other took his first bite. The blonde woke up more noticing the burnt taste on his tongue, it almost made him choke. It was familiar, the mornings Haou would try to make breakfast but had no skill, he burnt everything. Mamoru smiled and continued to eat the burnt eggs almost to happily.

      "I did good didn't I?" Jaden said proudly.

      "You can't cook dear" Mamoru laughed "But I loved it."

       Jaden's eyes widen in shock not only from the rude truth about his cooking ability but from the term 'dear'. The blonde stood from his bed ready to take a shower, he grabbed his towel and spare clothes. Without thinking an arm was wrapped around Jaden's waist snapping the brunette out of his shock.

     "Thanks for breakfast"

       Mamoru pressed his lips to Jaden's stunning the rock star yet again, he pulled back and left the room. The brunette was frozen in place his face flushed bright red, needing privacy he rushed into the room he was staying in. His back was pressed against the door as the panic fully set in. His face was flushed red but guilt built up in his stomach.

     Why would Mamoru do that? He loves Haou, not him, so what does he gain from such an action? A small part of the brunette's brain gave him the answer but he shook it off hoping it wasn't true. He didn't want to believe that Mamoru would use him as a replacement.

     Would that be so bad?

      Brown eyes widen, where had that thought come from? He didn't want to be Haou, he even hated when people would confuse them, so why is it of for Mamoru to do it? A groan escaped his throat, his brain felt like it was on overload and he just wanted to shut it off. The brunette finally moved himself from the door and dragged himself to the bed, he flopped down taking a deep breath.

     Needing a distraction, the brunette grabbed his phone from the night table next his bed. His manager had only called once last night to check in on him, Zane was really the only adult he could talk to. Sending his band mates a short message that he was doing fine he called his manager.

     "Zane Truesdale speaking" His voice was as stoic as usual.

     "Hey, can we meet up?" Jaden's voice choose now to waver a bit.

      "I'll pick you up in ten minutes" He could hear Zane shuffling his papers in his desk.

      "Thank you"

        Zane hung up leaving the brunette to stew in his thoughts for a few minutes. He grabbed his long black coat that was hung in the open closet and his cell phone. Leaving the guest room, he quickly walked through the living room before Jesse could say anything he was out the front door. It wasn't long before a black Sudan came rolling up to the brunette, with out hesitation he opens the passenger door and hops into the vehicle.

      Zane greets the brunette with a short nod and begins to drive off as Jaden settles. The ride itself is quiet, the older man isn't one to push and wants to wait till the younger is ready to talk. While he waits he takes them to a small park, there's really no one around so no fans will try to mob the rock star and the fresh air might do the brunette some good.

     "Thanks for coming to get me" Jaden's eyes seemed glued to his lap.

      "Everything ok?" Zane slightly winced remembering the loss he's going through "Other than the obvious reason?"

      "Not really" Jaden sighed "Am I a bad person?"

         Zane paused for a bit, curious about this new question that seems to have the brunette so upset. He's known Jaden since Highschool, the brunette was friends with his little brother and both Truesdale's know how kind he can be. From charity work to just lending a hand to strangers, no one would ever think he was a bad person.

       "Why would you think you are?"

       "Mamoru is kind and smart" Jaden let out a big sigh "but he belongs to Haou."

       "Are you developing feelings for him?" Zane hit the nail on the head.

        "I don't want to be a replacement" Jaden hands covered his face as his body trembled "a part of me doesn't mind it though."

        Jaden's voiced wavered, he didn't like crying in front of people but Zane was one person he could trust to be weak in front of. He felt the older wrap and arm around his shoulder and pull him into and awkward side hug. He felt the brunette shake for a bit as a few whimpers slipped out, once he calmed down the older let him go. He popped open the driver door and slide out of the car, silently Jaden followed his actions on his side of the vehicle.

      "Let's take a walk and get some fresh air" Zane offered.

       Jaden just gave him a small nod; Zane always knew what was best for the younger male so he never questioned him. It would also give the brunette a chanced to collect his thoughts and hopefully vent properly to the other. 

(i'm still writing, due to the holidays it slow but i still am writing. i am working on a Tomb Raider AU, i was inspired by the games~)