Chapter Three

Fifteen minutes after leaving the coffee shop, Mia found herself pulling up outside Stark Tower for the second time that day. In any other situation, Mia probably would've been in ecstasy over these odds but with her mother being dead, it just didn't seem right. She and Tony hadn't spoken a word in the car making the car journey extremely awkward. There was a few times, Tony nearly spoke but each time he decided against it.

She got out the car following Tony inside to the elevator. She never noticed it earlier but there were so many security guards in the lobby. Now that she thought about it, she supposed that the tower would need a lot of security. She imagined a lot of the public and press probably tried to get up to the higher floors daily. They walked into the elevator and Mia was surprised to hear the two of them weren't alone.

"Welcome back sir, what floor are you going to?" another voice said but Mia couldn't see anyone else and was curious as to see where the voice was coming from.

"Floor 91 please, Friday," Tony said.

"Who's Friday?" Mia spoke for the first time since leaving the coffee shop.

"My AI" Tony replied "She runs the whole building"

"Cool,"  Mia was in complete awe. Of course, she had read about AI's but she'd never actually seen one in action.

"Of course sir, may I enquire as to who is with you?" Friday responded.

"Oh, this is my daughter Mia" answered Tony.

"Pleasure to meet you, Miss Stark"

"Oh, it's Williams but its nice to meet you to Friday," Mia told Friday not sure if she was ready to be called a Stark just yet.

The elevator pinged and the doors opened. A strawberry blonde haired woman was giving out before the doors had even finished opening. "Tony where have you been? We were supposed to be at the Gala two hours ago. I've been trying to call you. Why weren't you picking up?" She looked up from her phone and was shocked to see the teen standing beside Tony.

"I know, I'm sorry Pepper. I've been searching the city for my daughter all afternoon."

"Your daughter?" Pepper paused. "I didn't know you had a daughter."

"I know cause I never told you, Pepper meet Amelia Williams, my daughter, Mia meet Pepper Potts, my fiancé."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Amelia"

"You too," said Mia "but please everybody calls me Mia"

"Mia it is then" Pepper smiled "So Williams, hmm, Trish?" This time it was directed at Tony.

"Yep, Trish" Tony said clearly not wanting to discuss it any further.

"Makes sense you did keep her around for more than one night" Pepper teased but saw Mia's reaction and realised she should stop joking about Mia's mother on front of her. "I'm starving and since you made me miss the gala, Tony, I think that means you owe me food."

"I suppose it does" Tony agreed "you want take-out Mia?"

"Sure what type?"

"How about Chinese?" Pepper suggests

"Oh, I could go chicken noodles with salt and pepper chicken." Tony and Mia both said at the same time. Mia blushed. Pepper laughed.

"I'll call and order it," Pepper said taking out her phone and walking away but as she walked away it sounded like she muttered "Starks" under her breath. Tony and Mia fell silent again.

"So, would you like me to show you your room so you can put your bag away?" Tony asked breaking the silence.

"Sure" Mia gulped. Her room? She knew it was silly but she had only agreed to stay for a few nights was it not a bit soon to be calling it her room?