Chapter Seven

Mia had finished putting all her shopping away and was making her way back downstairs to Tony. They had had a fantastic afternoon shopping. They had been to Hollister, H&M, New Look, Hot Topic, Abercombie and Fitch and many more shops. You name it, they had been in it. Tony had gotten her far more than she needed. He'd gotten her jeans, tops, dresses, hoodies, coats, shoes, belts and even bathing suits despite her telling him she never went swimming. She didn't complain though as she loved new clothes and got the feeling that he would buy her the stuff either way. They had also went to the Asics shop, as well as Nike and Adidas, and he had bought her five new pairs of running trainers. Five! And they had gotten ice cream on the way back. It was great.

"Mia. Great. Did you get all your stuff put away ok?" Tony asked as she walked into the living room.

"Yeah, I did. Thanks again for buying it all. I didn't need half of it," she replied.

"I was happy too, I didn't get to buy it for the first 15 years of your life so you can bet that I'm going to now. Oh and before I forget there's someone you need to meet. Friday, can you ask Peter to come down?"

"Of course sir," Friday replied. "He's on his way down."

"Thanks, Friday. So," Tony directed back to Mia, "unfortunately, your mother and friend weren't the only ones to die in your apartment building back in May. There was a lot of people that died that day and other than you and your mum there was someone else I knew. A kid I knew lived in that building with his aunt and thankfully he wasn't in town at the time of the fire but unfortunately his aunt was home and, well, she died as well. And the kid, he didn't have any other family left cause both his parents died when he was younger and his uncle died a few years ago and so.. so I adopted him. Now, I realise that this will be a lot for you to take in and you're probably thinking that we've only found each other and that I'm taking in another kid but.. but I just couldn't just leave him with no family. I couldn't." He trailed off hoping Mia would see the reason behind his choice and not get mad that he had adopted another kid when he barely had a relationship with his own biological daughter.

"Tony, it's ok. You adopted a kid you knew cause he had no one left. I understand. You have a problem with letting kids enter the foster system. I get it," Mia humoured trying to give Tony reassurance. Truthfully, she was a bit annoyed. Tony had just gone out and adopted a kid without even having a relationship with one he biologically had a tie with first. But then this kid seemed to have nothing left so could she really blame him. Isn't that what any decent person would do if they found themselves in that situation. When faced with a kid whose entire family had died and who had no one else.

"Really? You're okay with this? " Tony asked, slightly shocked. Mia nodded. She wondered who it was. There were a few teenagers who had lived in her apartment complex but she had mainly kept to herself so didn't know too much about any of them. If she had a few seconds more to think about it, she would've managed to put all the pieces together but at that moment a young teenage boy with brown hair walked into the room. Mia froze. And so did the boy. Crap, Mia thought. How was Peter Parker the boy Tony had adopted? Oh no. What would Tony think when he found out about their past. Eek. Mia couldn't let that happen. She had to do everything she could to make sure Tony didn't find out.

"Peter, this is my daughter Amelia, but she likes to go by Mia. Mia, this is the kid I adopted, Peter Parker." Tony introduced them. Peter stood still for a moment unsure what to say so Mia took her chance hoping Peter didn't want Tony knowing about their history any more than she did.

"Hi, I'm Mia. It's nice to meet you," she smiled offering him her hand.

"Hi Mia, it's a nice to meet you too," Peter went along with Mia and took her hand to shake it. She was relieved. Her and Peter had a really complicated history between them and she was worried what Tony would think of it if he found out because it was far from pretty and both of them could be really mean to one another when they wanted too.