Chapter Six

Mia woke up to the sun shining through her window wall. She checked the time. 7:30 am. Gee. That was the longest she'd slept in for a long time. She also saw multiple missed calls and texts from Flash but just to ignored them. Looking out her window Mia decided it was the perfect morning for a run. But then again, she thought the same every day. She changed into a pair of cropped leggings and a top. It was too hot for a jumper this time of year. The August heat combined with sweat would be unbearable. She made her way over to her bag, she had yet to unpack, for her trainers. Pulling them out she forgot that the sole had come away from one of them on her last run in Paris. Great. She made a mental note to ask Tony for a new pair later. She looked in her wardrobe to see if there was a pair that she could use temporarily.  Nope. There were about 50  pairs of shoes in there but none of them suitable for a run. Much to her dismay, Mia would just have to miss her run this morning and hope Tony would get her a new pair by tomorrow morning.

Just then her stomach rumbled and she realised she was rather hungry. So, she decided to make her way to the kitchen. As she made her way downstairs, a delicious aroma filled the air. "Mhhm," Mia thought. Something smelt amazing. Walking into the kitchen, Mia found Tony standing beside the oven.

"Morning Kiddo!" Tony beamed. "I'm in the middle of making some pancakes. You want some?" Mia just stared at him. She didn't know why but she was completely and utterly shocked that Tony could cook.  He never struck her as the type that could cook. I mean why would he when he could just pay someone to do it? Yet, here he was making pancakes. "Mia?"

"Oh right," Mia pulled herself out of her trance and sat down at the island in the middle of the kitchen, "yeah pancakes would be great, thanks."

"Sure thing. Coming right up. So, how'd you sleep?"

"Ok," Mia answered not entirely paying attention still hung up on the fact Tony could cook. "I never took you as one to cook."  She continued, finally letting her curiosity get the better of her.

"Why does everybody think that?" Tony asked a little offended, causing Mia to turn a little red. She didn't mean to offend him, he just didn't seem the type. "Well, I can cook. But most of the time I just choose not to. Mainly just to annoy Pepper or the guys downstairs. Plus, I rarely have the time."

"Cool, guess you really do learn something every day," Mia said before she started laughing. She was a rather good cook too but, like Tony, always opted to let someone else cook if she could.

"So what do you want on your pancakes?" Tony asked trying not to seem offended at how weird his daughter thought it was that he cooked. "Pretty sure we have most toppings. There's Nutella, a selection of berries, chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, syrup. I could even put some bacon or sausages on if you want."

"Just Nutella and berries are fine. Preferably blueberries and raspberries if you have them."

"Coming right up," Tony said as he slid stacks of pancakes onto two plates. He opened one of the cupboards bringing out the Nutella and then the fridge to get some blueberries, raspberries and pomegranate seeds before bringing everything over to the island sitting opposite Mia. "Dig in!" He said as he put Nutella on his pancakes along with a mountain of blueberries.

They both sat eating in silence for a few minutes enjoying their pancakes.

"So I was thinking I could give you a tour of the labs and my workshop later? That is if you're interested?"

"I'd love too," Mia replied seeing how hopeful Tony got at the idea. Truthfully, she wasn't overly fond of the idea. A year ago, she would've killed to see Tony Starks personal lab. But now, she wasn't overly interested. "Is it big?" she asked assuming there was only one.