Chapter 5 - Reality

||Warnings||
*Profanities

     *I added a backstory for Dabi and Hawks (not canon)

————–——————————————

(Keigo's POV)

I greeted Y/N as soon as I opened the door, "I'm back~" They flinched and quickly turned off their phone, "O-Oh hey Keigo!"

I closed the door, "Hello baby bird~" Y/N blushed a light pink and welcomed me with a wide smile, "What do you mean 'Baby Bird' I-uhh...am a mighty birb!"

I tilted my head, "Birb? That sounds like a fruit" Y/N laughed, "Haha, but no it means a cute or derpy bird!" I walked closer smirking, "Well you sure are a cute one" They blushed a bright red and quickly turned around, "I'd more likely say derpy than cute-"

PING

Y/N checked their phone, and whispered "Oh Dabi texted,"

     I felt my wings puff up as they said that name, "Did you say, Dabi?"

Flashback to one week ago

(Keigo's POV)

"Dabi, you don't have to do this-" "JUST SHUT UP ALREADY!" Dabi yelled, blue flames emitting from his arms and palms. "Dabi please listen! You don't have to be a villain, you can be my sidekick-! Anything you want, just come with me!" I yelled from above, flapping my wings in the air.

Dabi bent onto the ground, aiming his flames to me, almost burning my wings. I flew higher and aimed my feathers at Dabi, trying to avoid any contact with his flames. Dabi said something behind his flames before yelling at me once more, "I'll never be with you! I'LL NEVER BE A HERO AFTER WHAT HE DID TO ME"

I remembered talking with Dabi about the man who pushed him to far,

"Somebody close to me, a father figure, and as a child, he forced me to use my quirk over it's limits, making me burn myself everyday" Dabi said, blazing a small blue flame on his finger. I gave him a small smile them looked up into the sky, "Why not try to be a better man than him...try being a better man than him and it'll make you a hero, not a villain?" Dabi gave me a frown.

"Why be like him? HE hurt me, HE made me evil, HE was the one who made me this WAY!"

That's how we started to fight

I'm so sorry Dabi

I am...so sorry...

I quickly shook my head of the memories and grabbed Y/N, "What d-do you mean 'Dabi' is that a friend?" I asked, trying to hope it wasn't who I thought it was. Y/N tensed up when they felt my arm around their neck, "O-Oh it's just a friend! Yeah, just a friend..."

They said, making me let go. I swiftly took off my boots and slipped my home slippers on *ironic. "Hey little Birb!" "Did you just call me 'Birb'?" "Yep I sure did~" I said, taking off my coat and gloves, walking into my room. "Do you wanna go somewhere? I can buy you some clothes and we can go eat, if you want to, of course"