t w o

Being the new kid was always hard

In a school of magic? Even more.

Alaric Saltzman knew the girl sitting in the backseat was some kind of witch. She had to be. The girl, Mikayla hadn't said much since he picked her up at the hospital where she had been placed into after she survived her family home's fire. It was ruled as an accident right after Alaric and Caroline got their involvement in the girl's case.

Caroline was the one to convince the girl to come with them, that she'd be safe in their school.

It was the vampire who got the girl settled in her new room as Penelope Parks watched from the corner of the shared room as Caroline gave the girl a new change of clothes.

It was Caroline and Penelope who realized right at the moment Caroline touched the girl's shoulder to reassure her she'd be comfortable once she familiarized with the school that the girl wasn't a normal witch.

The blank stare in the girl's eyes the moment she siphoned her reminded Caroline of certain psychopath.

It was Penelope, curious of the new girl's nature to tell Caroline she'd help her with the control of her powers.

Shaken up by what happened, Caroline could only nod, realizing that no matter what this girl was related to, she needed help to control herself.

After all, what kind of hypocrites would they be if they kicked out Kai Parker's relative if they had accepted Klaus' daughter just a few years ago and her daughters, also Kai's relatives were there?

No matter what Alaric thought, Caroline would make sure this girl remained at the school.

Blame her heart who could not afford seeing a young, orphan and misguided girl to be left alone. She never left her best friend Elena Salvatore alone when she first became an orphan and she didn't even after all the bad things she did after she became a vampire. 

Caroline wouldn't do the same to that girl.