f o u r

Maybe, suggesting to do something reckless wasn't a good idea

Kayla took the next few days to consider her idea of help. She had heard about the Mikaelson family from her step dad and her species origins class. They apparently were unforgiving creatures when someone wronged them.

What if Hope's plan worked and by asking what the hell she was thinking she blurted out it wasn't her idea? That she had help? What if Klaus Mikaelson didn't like that and got rid of her for being a bad influence on his little girl?

Kayla appreciated life, thank you very much. She didn't want to die. Not yet, at least.

However, she wasn't that worried, Kayla wasn't afraid of Hope's family. After all, they didn't know who she was.

Well, she thought it'd remain that way until Hope walked closer to Kayla at the library with a brunette guy at her heels. The guy looked nervous as they both sat in front of the siphoner.

"Kayla" Hope began as Kayla looked up blankly, "This is Henry. Henry, stop doing that. You'll make us look suspicious" Henry sighed and stopped fidgeting, nodding slightly. "Look, Kayla. I was thinking about what you said and you gave me a good idea"

Hope and Kayla stared at each other for a few seconds. Henry looked between them nervously.

"I'm not getting killed by your family for this" Kayla said after a moment.

Hope looked relieved Kayla seemed to be agreeing, "You won't get blamed by this. We just need to get some details done"

And so they did, after Hope cast a little spell so the vampires around them wouldn't hear what they were saying, planning.

~8~

A few days of meeting each other at the library, Henry was alone, walking down the hallway after saying goodbye to his friends.

He looked anxious as he stopped under the stairs, looking around.

Kayla was walking close by, a book hugged to her chest as she walked closer to the boy after making sure the hallway was empty.

After all, apparently witches and werewolves weren't that friendly to each other. Something stupid, she thought but wouldn't get more attention to herself as per quest of the headmaster.

Kayla tapped Henry's shoulder making the boy turn startled.

"Easy" Kayla warned as she noticed the way he tensed. Henry closed his eyes in relief. "You got the money?" Henry pulled a stack of cash from his pockets, handing them to her. Kayla raised her eyebrows slightly, "Well, talk about shady money that I'm not gonna ask about" she reached into her uniform blazer, pulling out to vials of blood as she pocketed the money inside her book. "Remember what Hope said, okay? One now, one after" she gave the vials to Henry. Henry stared at the vials quietly. "You can still say no, you know? We can get the money somewhere else and you don't get to screw up your life for this"