s i x

A/N: I've been asked way too many times for Kayla and Hope to be a couple.

The answer to that, is No. They won't be. I didn't want to say it because I believe the moment I say Kayla's romantic and sexual orientation you're gonna judge her. But I don't care anymore.

Kayla's aromantic asexual. Meaning she doesn't experience any kind of romantic or sexual feelings toward anyone. Which is why, she'd never view Hope that way. So, stop asking me to make them a couple. It won't work. Most of all my books don't focus on romance or anything. Most of my OC's are aromantic, if you haven't noticed.

Now, I hope you understand this and stop asking for them to be a couple. If that makes you unsatisfied, you can just stop reading. I won't stop you.

They were in trouble

Henry had killed a vampire.

Henry was their responsibility.

As soon as word got out, Hayley told the teens to lock themselves inside Hope's room.

And they did it just in time for the whole vampire clan showing up, demanding justice.

What kind of justice? Kayla had a brief idea and she didn't like it.

Henry was pacing anxiously around the room, upset and overwhelmed, guilty for what he had done while Hope and Kayla tried to listen through the door.

"I didn't even know that girl" Henry was telling then desperately for them to believe him.

Kayla gave Hope a frustrating look, "I can't hear anything. Do something"

"She just bumped into me" Henry rambled desperately, still pacing "And I-I just... I got so angry" Hope gritted her teeth. Kayla gave her a pointed look, "They-they want... - they want to kill me, huh?"

Hope turned to face him, frustrated "Henry, relax, for God's sake. Just... feel better"

Slowly, Henry stopped pacing, confused as he slowly sat down "Okay. That's-that's weird. You... you said 'feel better,' and I actually feel better"

"Thank God, I can finally hear myself thinking" Kayla murmured to herself.

"Because my blood made you a hybrid" Hope explained, "So... you're sired to me"

"I have to do what you say?" Henry asked.

"Pretty much, yes" Kayla answered.

Hope gave her a look that said behave. Kayla raised her arms in defense, turning away. Hope looked at Henry, "Don't worry. I believe in personal autonomy. But for now, stay here"

Hope and Kayla had to do something.

Hope closed the door, certain to put up a spell on her room as they both left the boy alone.

Hope glanced at her newfound friend and grimaced, "Plan C"

Kayla looked upset, "I hope you know what you're asking to do"

Hope didn't have a reply for that.

~8~

Hope and Kayla were at the courtyard, clapping each other's hands in a game when a blonde woman walked in, seeing the two carefree looking girls that couldn't help but smile. When was the last time she had seen her niece act like someone her age with another girl?

"Hey, jailbirds" the woman greeted.

Hope got distracted for that making Kayla win.

"Ha!" Kayla exclaimed with a proud smile.

Hope looked amused, glancing at her aunt, "Hey" she looked at her friend,  "Kayla. This is my aunt Freya. Freya, this is my friend Kayla"

"And your partner in crime, slash foster sister" Freya said with an amused quirk of lips. Kayla rubbed her lips awkwardly, "Yes, we all know who she is. Gotta say, welcome to the family"

"I don't think I'm going to be that welcome in a few-" Kayla grumbled, only to stop when Hope's elbow met her stomach making her glare at the tribid. "Ow"

Hope forced a smile, giving an innocent look.

Freya shook her head amused and slightly confused but shoved it aside, it was teen girls being teen girls "I've got some news about me and Keelin, actually. Where's your mom?"

"I don't know" Hope shrugged, "She said she'd only be gone a few minutes, but then she never came back"

Freya furrowed slightly her eyebrows. If Hayley had been outside, she would have seen her, wouldn't she? "Where'd she go?"

"Outside to make a call" Kayla said slowly as if just realizing Freya was thinking about something bad.

Hope glanced at her friend in worry, opening her mouth to talk when suddenly the fountain water turned red from blood.

Kayla could feel a spike of magic in the air that for the first time in years made her skin crawl and somewhat longe for which was odd.

Hope glanced at the fountain, warily and concerned "Auntie Freya?"

Freya gave them a concerned look, turning on her heel, making her way outside.

Hope blindly searched for Kayla's hand, both girls lacing their fingers together, squeezing in comfort as they stared at the blood fountain.

After a moment, Freya walked in, a grimace in her face, holding a phone "Someone found this in the street"

Freya handed Hope the phone. It was Hayley's. The screen was cracked.

Hope dropped her friend's hand as the phone began to ring.

Kayla shoved her hands to her jeans pocket briefly, crossing her arms.

Hope looked at Freya and Kayla when she saw the caller was her dad, slowly answering "Dad?"

Klaus was frowning on the other line, seeing a fountain water close by turn to blood, "I was looking for your mother"

"Yeah, so are we" Hope replied, sounding concerned "Um... I don't know where she is. She's missing"

Klaus was silent for a moment, "I'm on my way"

Klaus hung up.

Hope slowly lowered the phone, glancing at her friend, pursing and relaxing her lips momentarily, looking back at Freya.

Kayla blinked incredulously, looking away.

Klaus Mikaelson was coming home.