𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

CHARISMA

We're at the police station for questioning when suddenly, Brielle is brought in by a few policemen.

"What the actual fuck?!" Melina gets up, not caring about her whereabouts.

"Sit down, please" A lady cop says.

Roma, Melina, Chris and I stare as Brielle is put in a cell.

"Holy shit" Chris whispers.

"Your friend here has been arrested on charges of drug possession and consumption" Inspector Gomez states "She'll be kept here for a few days before we decide what to do with her next"

My blood boils at the way they're acting as if she's an item.

"Okay, sir"

My gaze snaps to Chris who mouths "go with it"

I nod, looking off to the side.

"But, anyway" Gomez leaned back "None of you seem to be the murderer so we'll keep on looking"

He dismisses us and with one long look at Brielle, we walk out of the station.

"Want me to drive you home?" Chris asks and I nod.

I don't trust myself with cars after The Incident.

We drive in utter silence. It's oddly comforting

He smiles and nods in greeting after I get out of the car, then drives away.

Sighing, I trudge up the stairs of my mansion

"Hey, Charisma!" Janet and Will are at the dining table when I walk in.

"Hey, guys!" I kiss Janet's cheek and hug my step-brother before plopping my butt down on a seat.

"How's it going?" My dad is probably up in his study so better not to trouble him and spend some time with Janet.

"I'm good. Will's going to IED training camp tomorrow so he needs sleep straight after dinner" She ruffles his hair.

Will smirks at me "Should I be worried about the dude who just drove you home?"

"Ooh, a boy now?" Janet sits down, leaning in like I'm a version of  Gossip Girl.

My stepmother is like an actual mother to me and I love her but the woman is nosey as fuck.

"No, he's just-we're just-um..."

"Booty calls?" Will jokes and Janet smacks his head.

"Mind the tongue mister and I'm pretty sure it's bedtime for you" She chided.

He nodded solemnly and hugs me before getting up and going 

I wish he wasn't an IED or dyslexic.

The kid was sharp witted and could do so much more but sadly, life isn't always sunshine and rainbows.

"Charisma" Janet's voice wakes me out of my thoughts.

I smile at her "Yeah?"

"You know you can talk to me about anything right?" She puts her hand over mine.

"I know"

"I love you, Char. I even love your Dad, despite what he does for a living. I always will"

"Aw, Janet" Her arms come around me and I hug her tight.

I'm not that big of a hardass when it comes to family.

"Still sleeping in Maxim's room?"

I nod and she smiles.

"Goodnight, Char"

"Goodnight, Janet" I stop 

"I love you"

I can't fucking sleep!

I've rolled around probably a million times and it's pretty darn late and it's a school day tomorrow.

My phone chimes and I glare at it warily.

If it's J-

It's Christopher, thank fuck.

C; You up?

Chraisma ; no i'm only dead inside

C ; very funny

C ; miss me yet? ;)

Charisma ; no

C ; sureeee

I'm about to respond smarmily when a gunshot echoes, followed by a scream.

My eyes widen

Janet.

A/N ; oh shit here we goooo

i read these chapters last night and cringed so hard

literally idk how my books have that many reads but thank you 😭😭