Part 3

.

Lan Zhan felt his face getting hot, he must be looking funny flushed. Its not like the girls in the elevator knew what Wei Wuxian was talking about, still Lan Wanji felt so embarrassed being called out like that.

He sighed and shook his head slightly, going for work. On his way back, he  stopped at the takeaway down the building to grab dinner for him and Lan Xichen.

Entering, he met with many familiar faces. Almost all the people at his building take food from here since it was nearest to their living place.

He went to counter and gave order. He could feel a pair of eyes looking at him from sideway. Paying no attention, he moved back and heard a girl's voice "Lan Wanji!"

Now that he was called out, he can't keep ignoring them so he stopped and looked at Mianmian standing there with a small smile plastered on her face "Heard you were sick. How are you now?"

"I am fine" He simply replied with a subtle nod, his expressions distant unintentionally.

Mianmian nodded, looking down "Glad to hear that. I was gonna come over but Wei Wuxian said you were resting so I shouldn't disturb you"

Hearing the particular name, Lan Wanji's interest spiked up a little but he only spoke after few moments of silence " When did he say that?"

"Huh?" She was little surprised at the question. She only expected Lan Wanji to nod and go away "Uh just now! He was here just a moment ago I don't know where he went" Her voice lowered at the end, looking around.

Lan Wanji lowered his eyes, about to leave when he heard someone approaching them with a happy voice "Look what I got!"

Wei Wuxian came to Mianmiam and was surprised to see Lan Wanji there as well. He smiled and joked "What are you two doing here together huh? "

"Stop joking all the time!" Mianmian blushed at the mere question and gestured to hit Wei Wuxian who chuckled and leaned towards Lan Wanji "Why do you not protest? Do you really like her?"

"Go away" Lan Zhan pushed him back and went to stand in a corner, waiting for his meal to be ready to take. From a distant, he saw Wei Wuxian talking to Mianmian, leaning over something with his constant charming smile.

Lan wanji felt like going over and slapping that smile off his face. He frowned and looked down on his shoes, silently cursing himself for falling for the most shameless and irrational person of the building, for falling for a boy who was way too straight.

He was so lost in his thoughts that it took him a while to see a new shadow near his shoes, as soon as he looked up, he was met with Wei Wuxian's face few inches farther than his own. Startled, he stumbled back but was immediately steadied by Wei Wuxian who held him by his arm and proceed to put his palm over his forehead.

"What are you doing?" Lan Wanji asked, although his voice sounded cold yet he didn't push Wei Ying back.

"You look exhausted. Are you still sick?" He asked, checking his temperature "Why is your breathing so shallow?"

"I am fine" Lan Wanji replied, pushing Wei Wuxian's hand back. He hated that Wei Ying can touch him so easily whenever he feels like, so oblivious to what effect his touch have on him.

Watching him standing quietly, Wei Ying thought of something. Suddenly he smiled and brought  Mianmian over "Here. If you hate me touching you, she can check your temperature"