part 2

.

A phone in its brand new condition was resting on the side table. Lan Wanji had been staring at it for the last 30 minutes. It didn't ring at all. Not even once since he came back from that cramped fast food restaurant.

Resting his chin over his palm, Lan Wanji zoned out in his thoughts while looking at the phone. Its been two days since that phone incident occurred but Lan Zhan couldn't stop thinking about that chirpy boy.

He licked his bottom lip subtly. How could someone who has seen hardship since birth be this lively?

"Young master" A faint voice echoed from outside his room "Madam is waiting for you on lunch table"

With a small sigh, Lan Wanji rubbed his palms over his thighs and stood up. Even inside his house, he was wearing a straight formal pants with a white sweater.

Walking down the stairs into the dining hall, he was met with an elegant lady smiling at him. Her beauty was truly unnatural. Her light brown hair tied loosely in a bun, exposing her slim and pale neck. Her deep cut dress exposing a lot but too much of her snowy skin.

Simply by looking at her, one could guess where Lan Wanji got his mesmerising look from.

He returned her smile and sat besides her. Her fragile hand immediately went into Lan Wanji's soft hair, rubbing them gently as she whispered " My boy"

Lan Wanji smiled again, his hand went into his own hair and he pulled out her hand, pressing them to his lips.

Soon they both were served with all kind of English food. Lan Wanji gently placed the food in his plate and with the help of knife and fork, he began to softly munch on his meal, occasionally replying to his mother's chitchat.

After a while, his mom raised her head and gestured towards one of the maid. "Mianmian, Be a darling and bring me that bag that Lan Xichen sent?"

The maid immediately nodded her head and hurriedly left, coming back with a big bag. Lan Wanji stared at the bag but said nothing until it was opened , showing a lot different types of sweet and savoury snacks.

His mom pulled out some of them and looked at Lan Wanji "Your brother sent a lot of snacks for you even though you don't eat them. He still can't help treating you like a kid"

She chuckled and gestured over the young maidens standing around her "Here, you guys can eat these. Mianmian? I specially kept this for you since you like sour snacks"

Young girl's pinkish face bloomed as soon as she received the snacks.

"Its important to bring gifts to those who help us" She continued as if trying to teach her son some moral values "And these girls help us so much everyday"

Lan Wanji lowered his eyes, his long, lustrous eyelashes almost touched the skin under his eyes as he was thinking something.

He was feeling unsatisfied ever since he came back from the restaurant. Maybe the need of paying him back for the help was what making him feel uncomfortable all these days!

After some time, he looked at his mom and asked "Mom can I get some?"

She looked at him with her eyes slightly widened in wonder, smile soon after coming to her lips as she nodded her head gently "Why not?"

Lan Wanji pressed his lips together and nodded his head once, shifting his attention back to his food but his mind was filled with other thoughts.

He knew it wasn't a very important task but as he lay in his bed, he set up a 7am alarm in his phone and pushed his head back at pillow, staring at heigh ceiling. The slight blue pattern above was glowing faintly in dark.