Prologue

(Y/n)'s p.o.v.

What a typical day, a nice breeze the sun is shining there no clouds in the sky the birds are chirping while I was running for my life. Yes another typical day for me I know these streets later back of my hand so it is quite easy to shake off the baker of off my tail.

Once I was sure enough that he was no longer following me, I sat down started too eat my breakfast. When all of a sudden out of nowhere came a little boy. I don't know if he was just short or was that he younger than me.

"Why did you steal the bread. You know it's bad ritgh?" He asked.

"Listen here kid I don't need you to tell me what is morally good and what is not. Why don't you get going and leave me be." I said angerly.

"Where are you are parents?"

"Please define the word "parents"."

"Well parents are-"

"Please do not define the word. I know what it means is just I wanted to give you a hint that I don't have any. I lived here since as long as I could remember. On the streets, all alone with no one  but myself trust. Anyway, why don't you go and bother someone else."

"You really don't trust anyone?"

"Well there was one woman that took care of me when I was a bit younger. She was a nice lady she ran a bookstore. One day she came up to me and asked "if I would like to work for her?" The deal was I would restock the books, organize them, and she would give me some coins for food, sometimes occasionally she would even let me sleep in the spare room she had."

"What happened to her?"

"She died, that is it. Now leave me alone kid." I said walking away. I noticed to get started following me.

"Listen kid I'm serious leave before you get hurt, this isn't a place where you shouldn't be."

"How did she die?"

"Someone beat her to death."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 15 now leave"

"You are at the age where you can get your grimoire."

"So what? I'm not interested in that."

"I'm so jealous of you I'm still 13 so I can't get it, but you can. You can also become a magic knight."

"Why am I even talking to you? You're just some strange kid that follows me around and neither do you or I know each others names. Besides, what good could come from becoming a magic knight?"

"Firstly my name is Alex. And secondly  why don't you like the magic knights they are so cool they defend everyone and are strong."

"They only defend the Nobles. The old lady that got killed her, were never found they still are running around the streets to this day. That is why I'm telling you to leave right now."

I tried to walk away, but he stepped in my way and continued to talking to me.

"That's so sad, but if you will become the magic knight you can put them in jail for there misdeeds."

I started to thing and asked.

"Fine I'll consider becoming one, before we go any further with the subject could you tell what are other ups and down of being a magic knight?" I asked.

"Well you get food, a place to live, also get paid, you can also beatup bad guys and learn about new magic. But I don't see any downsides." He said.

"Well for the negatives I think I'll have to follow others higher knights authority. Especially the captain of the group or the wizard king or the King. So I guess it is more to advantage to become a magic knight."

"So you will?" He asked excitedly.

"Yeah why not. By the way what is your name again?"

"I said mine name is Alex."

"...I can tell you're lying to me...Fine I'll call you by that name till you finally tell me your real name."

"How did you know that I was lying?"

"I might not be book smart, but I can tell when a person is lying."

"And what is your name?"

"(Y/n), when will they give out grimoires to other people?"

"In about 2 days if I'm not mistaken."

"You know where they give out the grimoires?"

"Yeah that's not far from the church."

"All right so I guess we'll meet up with this and spot in about 2 days. Bye!"

"Bye."

"Alex" started to go in a different direction then I was going. I hope he's going to be okay.

No one's p.o.v.

"Alex" walked away in some kind of different alley where there weren't any people there he turn back into tall, middle-aged man with short messy blond hair and purple eyes.

"I expect great things from you (Y/n)" the mysterious man said as he walked away from the portal that he just summoned.