01

≫ ──── ≪

≫ ──── ≪

A year and a half passed in a blink of an eye since the breakout occurred.

We later found out that you couldn't get infected just by direct contact with blood of the infected.

It was just Chan and me at first. Then we found Changbin. And finally, our little group became a group of thirteen people.

I was always against the idea to keep adding people into our group. We could barely feed ourselves when it was just the three of us. Now we had more children and teenagers to worry about.

Chan and I became so close that we consider ourselves family now. He was the one who wanted to keep everyone that we came across. He always wanted to save everyone.

While I was just trying to keep us safe.

We struggled throughout winter, but eventually, we came across a little town full of nice people who were willing to take us in. There were 105 people in the town. The town was called by a code name JYP.

"Hey!"

I gasped in shock when Dahyun raised her voice at me from a distance as she approached me while skipping. On snow.

"Where were you?" She sat down next to me on the front porch of my place. "Everyone was wondering where you at. Especially the SKZ."

"I was out," I said as I continued to sharpen my blade. "Was Changbin there?"

"Hmm, no. No, he wasn't."

I tried to not read into it that much. He had been disappearing at weird times lately. Mostly after dinner and in the morning. But maybe he wanted to sleep in.

"Why did you skip breakfast? You never skipped." Dahyun said, trying to make me say something that I clearly didn't want to talk about.

I ignored her and kept focusing on my blade.

"Hey!" Dahyun held my wrist to stop me and tried to get my attention. "You know Chan didn't mean—"

"He literally told me to go back to Jihyo with the other women and be ready to patch them up when they got back." I breathed in. "JB didn't even say anything to that and let him humiliate me like that in front of the entire town!"

"I'm sure he has his reasons."

"Uhm, yeah. Misogyny." I rolled my eyes and went back to my blade.

"No. Maybe he doesn't want to risk you going out there." Dahyun defended.

"I shoot better than him. I shoot better than everyone in SKZ and GOT7." I said out of spite and turned to face her. "And have you ever realized you and the rest of the girls are always given tasks like looking out for the kids and cook?"