02

≫ ──── ≪

≫ ──── ≪

Minho somehow managed to sneak away from the herd of infected that was on to us. We couldn't get to the horse so we had to go by foot back to the town.

I was surprised Minho had the energy to carry me while running on pretty thick snow, despite his condition.

After what felt like forever, my vision was slowly becoming dimmer and blurrier. My eyelids felt heavy too.

"Stay with me," Minho said in between his breath. "We're almost there. I think I can see the town."

But I could only faintly hear his voice.

Because he was carrying me while running, I could feel the blood going down my stomach to the back of my waist, due to the bouncing.

"Hey," Minho called me again. "Stay with me, ok?" He panted. "What's your name?"

I wanted to answer him but I couldn't make myself say anything. I was too focused on the pain.

Minho put me down on the snow, running out of breath. He screamed for help as he waved his hands at the people on the watchtower.

The gate was opening and a few people were running towards us. Chan was at the front. His eyes widened as he realized that it was me who was lying.

I was so relieved I made it in time and when Chan was about to pick me up, everything went black.

~

My mind played flashes of my worst memories. The memory of Nami with blood gushing out of her mouth got me to jolt up from whatever I was sleeping on. Causing a sharp pain in the side of my stomach.

I winced and held the source of the pain.

"Nana! You're awake!" Felix got up from his seat.

I was relieved to hear his voice so I laid back slowly. When I focused on the ceiling to cope with the pain, I knew immediately where I was.

The clinic.

The smell of stainless steel, antiseptic, sweat and blood all combined together. I could hear people talking behind my closed curtains—Jihyo was amongst them—and carts being pushed around.

I moved my head to glance at the person sitting next to my bed, but ended up shaking my whole body causing another shot of pain.