03

≫ ──── ≪

≫ ──── ≪

"You need to go back," Changbin said behind me.

Minho didn't answer my question and just continued to stare at me, Changbin, then back at me. I sighed, taking that as a no. No one had given him food.

"Could you please ask Mina to give a patient in room number 4 food, please?" I said to my boyfriend.

Changbin looked pretty surprised that I asked him to do that but then sighed in defeat. "Fine." He said before eyeing Minho and finally left the room.

"He's right. You should focus on yourself first. I—"

"Save it. I'm only doing this so you can get out of here as soon as possible. For the last time, you won't be staying here." I cut him off.

Minho then didn't reply anything afterward. I leaned on the wall next to the door and breathed in.

Then the door swung open forcefully. Judging from it, I was guessing it was Chan. And I was right.

Chan found me next to the door.

"Come with me, we need to talk." He immediately said.

"If it's gonna be another one of your lectures, forget it." I said, without looking at him.

Chan breathed in. "Please. It's important." He said, weirdly, in a calm manner.

The sudden change of character got my attention so I followed him outside of Minho's room.

Chan turned around to face me as soon as we were outside.

"What is it—"

I stopped in mid-sentence, surprised that he suddenly pulled me into his arms.

"Felix told me what happened." He said softly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Chan." I said in his chest.

Chan pulled away, "let me handle him," I believe he was referring to Minho. "You don't have to deal with him, I'll bring him back to the HQ. JB, and I will handle it."

"No, Chan." I closed my eyes. "You don't understand. He had a choice to leave me there. He had a choice to also leave me swarmed by the infected and leave. But he didn't."

Minho was starving. He could've left me with the infected and get away with the elk that could last him for days. He carried me back to the town in time. So I feel like I owe him.

"Well, what do you suggest we should do with him?" Chan demanded. "We got nothing out of him despite all the torture. We know nothing about the guy except that he was in the army."

"Let him go." I suggested.

Chan's eyebrows knitted together and stared at me with confusion. "You know that's never going to happen. None of the other leaders would approve that. It's too risky."