Chapter 6

He breathed in sharply and crumpled to the ground. I stifled a laugh and grabbed his sword.

"W-what just happened?" Wyatt asked. He was lying on the ground, clutching his crotch. "I just kicked your ass." I said.

"My manhood." Wyatt groaned. I burst out laughing. "Oh come on you big baby." I said. I outstretched my hand. He grabbed it and I pulled him up.

"That was a dick move." He said. "Literally." I said. He started laughing and so did I.

"Let's take a break." I said sitting down on the ground. "Um, I suppose." he said sitting down next to me.

"You know, I really am sorry about how rude I was yesterday. I was overwhelmed, but that is no excuse. You were just trying to help." I said.

"Don't worry babe, it's fine. I'd probably react the same way if I were in the same situation." He said. I breathed a sigh of relief. Him calling me babe was annoying, but him being angry at me was worse.

"Did you know I was being brought here to become the next Queen?" I asked. "Um - well..." Wyatt said. I punched him lightly in the arm. "You could have warned me." I said.

"Nope. I had strict orders not to tell you anything. I guess your grandmother knew you would freak and didn't want you to bolt." He said. "Yeah I guess." I said.

"Marthandia isn't that bad you know, would it really be so awful if you stayed?" He asked. I looked at him in bewilderment.

"Obviously it would. What about my family and friends I left behind and, I never thought I would say this, but what about school?" I said.

"Well I don't know why I'm telling you. You don't go to to school. You wouldn't know." I said. Wyatt raised an eyebrow. "What made you think I don't go to school?" He asked.

"Well, don't you work with Brian as an agent?" I said. "Yes I do, but part-time. I go to Marthandia High School. We're on vacation now. So I'm currently working full-time." He said.

"Oh, well what's a magical high school like?" I asked. "From what I've seen, it's pretty similar. We do Maths, English, Latin, Science, Biology, History, Geography, Magical Studies and P.E" he said.

"In the tenth grade you choose an apprenticeship to attend after or before school hours. There are loads of different jobs, like soldier or magical advisor. I chose Royal Special Agent. So here I am." He said.

"That' pretty cool. I don't suppose training came with the job description." I said. "No, it didn't. It was a pleasant surprise." He smiled.

Wyatt led me into the stables and started walking towards the horses. "Are we going riding now?" I asked.

"Not so fast babe. First you'll learn about taking care of horses." Wyatt said. "I used to ride when I was younger, I know about taking care of horses thank you very much." I said reaching for a grooming tool off of a wall covered in them.

"Okay, take that brush and brush a horse's coat. Approach the horses slowly and wait until they are comfortable with you." he said. "Yes, I know how to approach a horse." I said.

I walked towards a calm looking horse close by. "You might not want to brush Gralter, he's a bit unpredictable." Wyatt said motioning to the horse I was approaching.

"I'll be fine." I said. I continued to walk towards the jet-black stallion. "Hi Gralter, that's an interesting name." I carried on talking as I walked forward.

I stopped next to Gralter and I stroked his head. He seemed stable. I slowly started to brush his coat in circular motions. He neighed softly and stepped closer to me.