The Midnight Duel

The day of flying lessons, all of the First years were gathered at the table. Mail came through, and Nevile received a package from his grandmother. When it was unwrapped, it was clear that it was a Remberal, a glass ball filled with white smoke. "It's a Remembrall!" Nevil exclaimed excitedly, directing his explanation to Harry who clearly looked confused. "Gran knows I forget things, this tells you if there's something you've forgotten to do. Look, you hold it tight like this and if it turns red-oh..." I cringed when the glass inside the Remberal turned a deep scarlet. As Nevile tried to remember what he forgot, a pale hand snatched it out of his grasp. I was instantly on my feet, my wand ready to be drawn if Malfoy stepped out of the line. However, I had no need to as Professor McGonagall swept onto the scene.

"What's going on here?" She demanded, her black eyes shifting between us.

"Malfoy's got my Remberal, Professor." Bitter that he was caught, Malfoy scoffed and tossed the item back onto the table carelessly.

"Just looking." He defended, before he and his lackeys sloped away.

It was dinner time now, and Harry had just informed Ron and I that he was going to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team

It was dinner time now, and Harry had just informed Ron and I that he was going to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch Team. "You're joking." Ron stated. "Seeker? But first years never...you must be the youngest house player in-"

"About a century." Harry but in before shovelling pie into his mouth. "Wood told me."

Ron was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Harry. "I start training next week. Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret." Fred and George then walked into dinner. They found us and practically ran over.

"Well done." George congratulated softly. "Wood told us. We're on the team too, Beaters."

"I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch cup for sure this year." Fred added in the same tone. "We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, Harry, Wood was almost skipping when he told us."

"Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school."

"Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you." And with that, the twins left.

"I'm on the team as well." I added, leaning closer. "I'm a Chaser. Wood'll explain it later." I then looked up when a certain weasel-like boy approached us with his lackeys.

"Having a last meal, Potter?" Malfoy asked haughtily. "When are you getting the train back to the Muggles?"

"You're a lot braver now that you're back on the ground and you've got your little friends with you." Harry retorted. I glared at the pale boy. However, due to the teachers being seated at their table, all they could do was try to be intimidating.

"I'd take you on anytime on my own. Tonight, if you want. Wizard's Duel. Wands only, no contact. What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?"