Cast & Disclaimers

DISCLAIMERS:

The ideas and characters in this story are inspired by the world of Harry Potter, written by JKR. All rights belong to the original author.

There will be slight discrepancies with the original plot in this version of the story. While most things will remain as close to canon as possible, there will be variations between Catharsis and the original story.

All ages of the characters in the story have been upped to reflect a college-era lifestyle at Hogwarts. Sixth Year students at Hogwarts are to be considered 18+. The choices/actions of characters are not to be condoned for the underage.

It is important to remember that this is an AU story. Tom Riddle's character canonically is the villain for the reason. His actions and character are inexcusable in the original HP stories. Please read with a critical lens to ensure that you differentiate fiction from reality.

Unfortunately, due to so many people commenting spoilers, I am requesting no comments that begin with #rr. I'm thrilled so many of you want to re-read the story, and it's 100% okay to comment your second time around BUT do not start your comments with #rr out of respect for first time readers and for Kat and I. If I see comments like this, I will mute the account.

TRIGGER WARNINGS:

This story is written and intended for a mature audience. It will contain themes, mentions, and scenes that cover topics including: violence, gore, alcohol, death, trauma, PTSD, suicide, torture, sexual assault, war, murder, blood, drug use, mild self-harm, sex, swearing. These themes will be recurring throughout the story— if any of these topics are triggering, strong reader's discretion is advised.

Specific Chapter Triggers of Most Explicit Scenes: torture (Chapter 3, Chapter 27, Chapter 58, Chapter 64), sexual assault (Chapter 26, mentioned many times after), suicide (Chapter 58, Chapter 64, mentioned several times after), drug-use (Chapter 44).

ARTWORK:

A huge thank you to @dar

A huge thank you to @dar.a_art on Instagram for making this beautiful piece of art for Tom and Avalon! I am so speechless at how gorgeous it is. Check her out on instagram and Patreon for more incredible content!!

CAST:

Avalon Hendrix