𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊

Corruption was synonymous with government, power the same thing as money, and the money controlled by independent financiers whose names were never on the ballot papers. The people could vote for whoever they wanted, left or right. They could choose to give their wealth away fast or slow, all the while being distracted by debates that just didn't matter. That was the time change would happen or not, the turn toward a brighter future achieved or not, all happening in a narrow window before technology enabled a total surveillance state.

 A dysfunctional, corrupt world is torture to its children. We have every resource we need to make Earth a wonderful place for everyone and the most important of them is each other. But sadly; most of life here, most of the leaders, people we were told to put our trust in, are corrupt. It's just how life is. And it's what we have to deal with. When in life we hurt another, we hurt ourselves also. When we love another it is healing for both, for how else do we know ourselves but through our own actions? When our actions reflect the truth of our souls, the love within, social justice will be demanded by all. We will know that all children need safety and love, that all children need healthy parents by their sides. We will know that happiness and laughter, time with those we love, are our birthright and vital to a healthy and just society.

But the sad truth is that none of the officials seem to understand that. It's corrupt. The school systems seem to not care about mental health, not what we think, not what we feel. But hey, who needs to know life skills when you can solve for x? Being able to find buy a house is nothing compared to being able to find out what the Nth term of a sequence is, right? Stealing is such an old fashioned word; it's so tied up with notions of property and ownership. But who owns what? People who paid money? What's money? It used to be gold but what is it now? Digits! Digits that are created at the touch of a button! And what do we all do? We slave for them, ruin the most productive years of our lives chasing them, some kill from them, degrade their humanity for them. What do laws matter if some have the power to create money and others do not? How can the common man compete with the elite of Wall Street?

Everyone is scared of having nothing. The rich hoard their money to preserve not only themselves but their descendants. The middle classes aspire to be rich, either hoarding or spending money they don't have in order to maintain the appearance of wealth. The poor go from pay-check to pay-check under the chronic stress of never having enough. Who wins? Why do we all fight so hard to preserve a system that is so broken? Are we so scared of change? People are happiest when they volunteer and when they know they have a nice home, enough food, health care, and education. Are we so dumb we can only think of two systems that have both been proven damaging? Capitalism leads to gross environmental damage and wealth disparity, communism leads to oligarchs and more unchecked abuses of power. A species that can produce the iPhone could do better if they tried. So why haven't we? Could it be that we are too obsessed with fixing broken systems to just think of something new?

We don't have to have a world of social injustice, isn't it time to think differently?