𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔.

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

The airport was a cocoon of steel, the walls so elegantly curved and wrapping around to create this inner space. And the beams supported so many windows, let in so much light, that in the daytime it is as bright as any summers day. We arrived at noon, when the people moved as chaotic rainbows, so brilliant were the colours. They flowed from the check-in desks to the cafe's and through the gates, each one of them heading for a destination of their own making.

Y/n described the airport as like a sea of faces moving in an unseen current, flowing like water to their destinations like a wide river down the aisles. Small groups would sometimes stop and cause a small eddy, but the others would flow around the outside and continue on their way.

There were plasma screens of arrival and departure times on the wall of the airport. People were lined up at the check in desk with suitcases and baggage. There was a sculpture of a whale with water cascading from it's mouth and flowing down it's tail flukes. In the background soft classical music played. In the arrivals lounge there was a curious mixture of bored and excited people. Some looked like they were waiting for a bus, others like they were children waiting for Santa himself. Some lounged on the low comfy chairs and others bounced on their toes.

It was midday, the worst time to arrive. As they came out of the plane, Y/N felt the heat reflecting off the tarmac. It was hard to breathe. The air was heavy and smelled of diesel. He was sweating even before he had reached the bottom of the steps, and the arrivals lounge offered no relief. The air-conditioning was broken and Y/N soon found himself trapped in a confined space with two or three hundred people and no windows. The terminal building was more like a large shed than a modern airport building. The walls were a drab, olive green, decorated with faded posters of the island and looked twenty years out of date.

But, nonetheless, Y/N was filled with excitement. Who wouldn't be? Japan seems like a wonderful place, especially after being cooped up in the shit-hole that was America (apologies to my american readers)  for about 6 years straight. It was honestly unnerving how mad it really was sometimes living there. 

Once you stop seeking to belong, you can accept that you belong in a way that is secure and deep. When you ask if you belong you give someone else power and power corrupts. So have the courage to simply be yourself and tell yourself that you belong. When you do that your confidence will grow and others will see in you that you have accepted the land beneath your soles and it has accepted you.