Home, Grim Home

Sirius' POV

Sirius couldn't believe how well his first term at Hogwarts was going. He made 3 great friends, threw some great pranks, explored much of the castle, fit in perfectly in Gryffindor, and was  keeping his grades in the acceptable to exceed expectations range. Even Narcissa, his only cousin still school aged, was leaving him alone...mostly. It was already the 2nt week of  December, and  the holiday break was a week away.

That monday morning, the 4 friends got to the great hall for breakfast just before the  morning mail arrived. Sirius was surprised to see his  family's owl come swooping to the Gryffindor table, and drop a letter in front of him.

"Siri got a letter!" James announced. "Your parents finally realized you're still alive?" he asked with a chuckle.

"I guess so." Sirius answered, opening the letter

It read:

Dear Sirius

Your father and I are requesting for you to come home for winter break. We have much to discuss.

Sincerely, your mother

Wilburga Black

"What does it say?" Peter asked

"They want me to come home for break." Sirius answered.

"So you will, then?" james asked

"Yes. Better to get it over with. And anyways, if i don't, they'll just march down here themselves."

"You'll be ok, though, right?"

"I'll be  fine. Our parents just probably got letters about our detentions. I think we're up to 10 at least already. That's definitely a letter home."

Sirius spent the next week dreading the break. Despite what he said, he knew his parents would be mad at more than his amount of detentions. They would be upset at him in Gryffindor, his less than absolutely perfect grades, company he was keeping (a 'blood traitor' and 2 half bloods), and the detentions.

2 weeks later

It was the first day of winter break, and Sirius was shut in his room.

Well,  he wasn't locked in, but him and Regulus were told not to disturb their parents till dinner at 7. This was Sirius' greeting upon return from Hogwarts.

Dinner was quiet. Regulus asked a few questions about Hogwarts, and Sirius answered as well as he  could while being watched by the parents. He made a note to revisit this conversation with him later.

When it seemed everyone was finished with their plates, Orian spoke up.

"Regulus, please return to your room for another hour. Your mother and I would like to speak with Sirius."

"Yes, father." the younger boy said, getting up from his seat.

As his brother left, Sirius braised himself for what was to come.

His father got up from his seat and moved next to Sirius. With the 4 seat table, Sirius now had his mother to his left and father to his right.

"I assume you have an idea of what we wish to talk about, Sirius?" his father asked

"Did you get a letter about my detentions?" 

"Yes, that is one thing. By the first week of december, you already had 10 detentions. The letter said that you were up after hours, being disruptive in class and crowded areas, and...pranking...other students. I don't want my son getting suspended or  expelled from school. And frankly, it seems you are being irresponsible, immature, and uncultured. We have taught you how to behave and act, and I expect you to follow those rules and codes at all times. Do you understand?"

"Yes, father"

"Because of this, you will not be leaving the property this break, and a limit of 2 letters, 1 leaving and one coming"

Well, there goes his plan to constantly write his friends

His mother continued the 1 way 'conversation'

"We also know that you have been sorted into gryffindor. I understand that this couldn't have been avoided and cant be changed. What we are upset about, though, is that  you seem to be solely allying  yourself with Gryffindors, and joining them in harassing slytherins."

Sirius couldn't help but interrupt

"Narsissa wrote to you, didn't she? You told her to keep an eye on me! Asked her to spy and snitch!" he said, getting louder with every word

A sharp slap came from his right, from his father

"Do not raise your voice at us!" the man yelled

He continued

"If you  are to be in Gryffindor, you will at least have the decency to make 'friends' with respectable, pure-blood, Slytherlins, and not waste time with the blood-traitor, mudblood, filth in Gryffindor!"

"But my friends are perfectly fine! They're nice, accepting, fun.... And all the slytherins in my year are rubbish!"

Before Sirius could tell his mother had her wand out, he was flying back out of his chair onto the floor, feeling a sharp pain in his shoulder, his father was standing above him,

"Do not speak of Slytherins like that!" Orian yelled, following with hard kick that found Sirius back on the floor with aching ribs

His father spoke again

"When you get back to Hogwarts, you will break ties with your roommates, and start  finding some good, pure-blood, Slytherlyn  friends!" he yelled

"I'm not leaving my friends!" Sirius yelled, sitting up. he wasnt sure where this new rebelliousness and confidence was coming from.

Maybe it was because he knew he would not ever leave his first friends. Maybe it was because he was not going to let his parents control and threaten him anymore.

Another kick, and  he was back on the floor, this time with a bloody nose.

"I'm adding to your punishment" Orion declared "14 hours in the cellar"

His father marched him the  short way to the door to the cold, empty cellar, and pushed him down the stairs.

Sirius caught  himself on the railing after falling a few steps and continued to his usual spot in the corner.

He made a decision that, after he was let out of here, he would spend as much time alone in his room as possible. He hoped his friends' owls would come to his window. Then he could at least write them.

He soon fell asleep.