01

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

You stand in Aoba Johsai's gymnasium surrounded by your team, Karasuno. You had been the team's manager since the end of last year thanks to Sugawara, your childhood best friend. For as long as you could remember, the two of you had been neighbors for years. He eventually convinced you to be the team manager and you agreed.

This year, the team had four new first years, all of them having promising skills, especially Shoyo Hinata and Tobio Kageyama. You were more than just their manager to them. You all were rather close and some of them felt the need to protect you like an older brother.

Today was a practice match against Aoba Johsai, a team you had not yet seen due to your late start in managing. They all seemed rather nervous, especially Hinata.

"I think... I think I have to go to the bathroom," the ginger-haired boy clutched his stomach as he runs off to the bathroom, looking sick.

"He always has to go before every match," grumbles Kageyama

"Just leave it be Kageyama," retorts Daichi who sends Kagayama a sharp glare.

The team waited patiently in the lobby for everyone to arrive since Daichi and Sugawara liked to walk in as a team. . Once Hinata and the others were out, the team walked into the gym.

"Wow, this is much nicer than our gym," Hinata exclaims in awe as he looked all around. "Ah, look there's Aoba Johsai."

You looked over and saw multiple boys wearing white and light blue jackets, some practicing and others standing around talking. Compared to Karasuno's team, they looked much more intimidating. Hinata stood behind you, crouching, looking around your side to look at the time.

"Toughen up, they're nothing," Kageyama smacked Hinata on the back, causing him to jump up.

"I am! I just wanna see what they look like," Hinata argues back, getting close to Kageyama.

"Ayumi-San," Tsukishima caught your attention, calling you by your last name.

"Yes? I've told you that you can call me (Y/N)," you reply as the sounds of Hinata and Kageyama fighting faded away.

"Right, sorry (Y/N). Can you take careful notes on my mistakes today?" he questioned, pushing up his glasses.

You nod your head to Tsuki as he runs off to join the others for warm-up. As you were preparing their water bottles a ball hits you in the foot.

"Sorry about that," a boy from Aoba Johsai comes running up to you, a smile on his face. He ran his fingers through his brown, spiky hair.

"It's all good," you replied as you picked up the ball, tossing it to him.

"Nice toss," he grinned as he caught the ball. "Im Hajime Iwaizumi, a wing spiker."

"It's nice to meet you Iwaizumi-Kun, Im (Y/N) Ayumi," you bow and respond, turning back to your water bottles.

"I assume you're Karasuno's new manager? I'm pretty sure I would've noticed a cute girl last year," he stated, his smile growing more.

Before you could even respond to his flirtatious comment, a voice called from his team and he waved back before running over there. As you finished filling up the water bottles, you couldn't help but wonder about Iwazuimi You were curious as to how he played since you never saw him last year. In fact, you were curious to see the entire Aoba Johsai team.

You sit down besidesCoach Ukai when the whistle blows, taking out your notepad.. Daichi throws the ball into the air and hits the ball towards Aoba Johsai.